Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
We are looking for Technical Support Analyst to work as a member of the application support and maintenance team. CGI supports an enterprise-level clinical system for long term operational support
The team member will be responsible for upgrading and optimizing the middle-tier and application components that primarily use Oracle technologies. This role includes the installation, upgrade and configuration of application containers, code changes and migrations, solving technical issues, process documentation, monitoring and reporting, incident support, after-hours on-call support rotations, and collaboration with the operations, development and infrastructure teams, client operation and test teams, and other third-party service teams.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Upgrade and redefine applications running within Java-based app. containers;
• Deployment of code to Production, Staging, and client-facing non-production environments;
• Application maintenance;
• Performance and availability monitoring and reporting;
• Regular (monthly) user and transaction data reconciliation and reporting;
• Tuning to support performance, scalability, and stability;
• Installation, configuration, and management of middleware;
• Assistance with disaster recovery and testing;
• Standard ITIL processes for incident and problem management, and root cause analysis;
• Troubleshoot the entire stack of technologies from a database to application server and/or edge servers;
• Provide support for LDAP based identity and access management;
• SSL security certificate management;
• Maintain and develop scripts using standard Unix Shell scripts;
• Maintain and develop system monitors and reports.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum 3 to 5 years supporting some of the technologies described in this posting;
• Application server experience, Glassfish or WebLogic;
• Subversion or GIT revision control;
• LDAP and identity management;
• Knowledge of server and client certificate infrastructure and deployment thereof;
• Solaris OS or Linux-like platforms;
• Oracle databases and SQL;
• Shell scripting and/or Java-like language.
Nice to have:
• XML-SOAP messaging;
• Experience supporting high-volume and high availability enterprise systems;
• Java/JEE applications running on WebLogic and Glassfish;
• Solaris Zones, Oracle SuperCluster, Exadata and ZFS;
• Oracle Fusion Middleware (OHS, SOA, WLS, Coherence, OSB);
• Health Level 7 (HL7v3 and v2) XML
- Applications Administration
- Identity and Access Mgt (IAM)
- Oracle DBMS
- Server Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.