Be part of the green solution!
Climate change is the defining issue of our time and we are at a defining moment.
The European Commission’s Green Deal envisions a future with a greener, more resilient and healthy Europe for current and future generations. They are currently preparing programs to deliver this future by developing the infrastructures required to accurately model the Earth in unprecedented detail. These programs require engineers and architects with the expertise to design and deliver cloud based solutions that can draw upon, filter and decipher the vast amounts of data generated by Europe’s growing fleet of Earth Observation satellites.
Are you the person that wants to make a difference to our future whilst working with modern technologies? CGI is currently looking to recruit for a number of roles that will help us deliver these solutions to our clients, EUMETSAT and the EC.
CGI is a European leader in Space Ground Segment systems and services in the domains of Earth Observation, Navigation, Satellite Communications, Space Safety and Mission Operations. We provide critical services and solutions to European & national agencies and institutions, the scientific community, the commercial sector, as well as to the wider public. We are both major contributors to, and act as thought leaders in, a number of key European space initiatives including the Copernicus and Galileo programmes, designing and developing cutting edge solutions for our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be involved in the design, development, operation and maintenance of a ground-up, bespoke, cloud solution that will function as the cornerstone for the EC’s goal to develop an accurate digital model the Earth.
As a Cloud Architect / Senior Cloud Engineer, your daily tasks can be expected to involve:
• Setting the vision and developing the design for modern, large-scale, cloud platforms within the Space Earth Observation domain, working within a team of architects. This will include:
o Analysing, evaluating and developing client technical requirements
o Supporting and leading the design of solutions to meet client requirements
o Defining product releases including the identification of H/W and S/W solutions required for the product releases
o Research and evaluation of emerging technologies and solutions to further enhance and evolve the product
• Acting as a key technical advisor in discussions with client stakeholders, partners and other teams
• Involvement in and coordination of solution implementation by:
o Acting as the technical lead and design authority for engineering implementation activities at the system and/or component level
o Taking the lead in technical decision making
o Supporting the planning process with technical assessments and inputs
o Being responsible for deliverable quality by supporting the definition and execution of internal quality processes
o Providing feedback to management and client stakeholders on technical progress and impediments
• Supporting the preparation of technical proposals for new business opportunities by:
o Identifying potential technical solutions including applicable technologies
o Assessing and estimating implementation effort and challenges
• Acting as an evangelist for knowledge sharing and knowledge development across the local organisation
• Acting proactively to drive the business forwards technically in your area of expertise
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
You have a degree (preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering comparable technical qualifications) or multiple years of professional experience in the field of IT. You have up-to-date and sound technical knowledge of databases, middleware, operating systems, virtualisation and, in particular, current technical solutions relating to cloud computing.
While you will be a skilled professional, we are looking for a candidate that will fit into our team culture and allows us to work together, in an inclusive environment, and contribute to building solutions that we can be proud of.
Furthermore, you bring many of the following skills with you:
• Fluency in the English language
• Significant experience working in a professional environment in the design and development of cloud solutions and/or services
• Client orientated attitude and comfortable with acting proactively and independently
• Good knowledge of cloud architectures, hybrid and multi-cloud environments and their management
• Strong experience with microservices and distributed application architectures
• Strong experience with cloud technologies such as Openstack, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
• Problem-solving and improvement-oriented mindset
• Experienced in designing and implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
• Experience with microservices and distributed application architectures
• Experience with cloud technologies such as Openstack, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
The following qualifications and experience are considered beneficial:
• Cloud-relevant vendor certifications in the areas of design, architecture or administration
• Commercial work experience and domain knowledge in the Space and/or Earth Observation domain including knowledge of data catalogues and OGC standards
• Experience with the tooling associated to the modern build-deploy-run lifecycle e.g. Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Maven, Helm, Harbor, Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher or equivalent
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Kibana or Grafana
• Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and associated tooling e.g. Terraform, Packer and/or Ansible, Chef, Puppet or equivalent
• Experience with working in a Linux OS environment
• Competence or fluency in the German language
WHAT WE OFFER
CGI offers our employees an exciting and flexible work environment in which to build their careers. This is especially reflected within our Space business which offers a corporate culture built around diverse teams, international collaboration, flat hierarchies and open communication.
CGI’s values emphasise our commitment to work in partnership with our clients by providing objectivity and integrity in all of our undertakings, whilst also delivering quality solutions and services. We also place a strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility, encouraging and supporting our employees in the continuous improvement of the economic, social and environmental well-being of the communities in which they live and work. This is further reflected in the company’s commitment to be carbon neutral by 2030.
Consistent with our dream of creating an environment in which we enjoy working together, CGI is committed to fostering and maintaining professional workplaces that respect the dignity of all members. CGI is unconditionally inclusive and we are constantly evolving and creating new network that support and promote the richness of our diversity, equity and inclusion across our organization.
In addition to the above, CGI offers the following:
• A highly competitive salary package including a significant performance-related component, based on overall business performance
• At CGI, we view our professionals as company owners. A set percentage of your salary can be invested in CGI shares, and CGI matches your contribution, up to a set maximum.
• Flexible working hours and conditions to optimise your work/life balance, including the option to work from home depending upon the client/project situation
• Company car & bicycle leasing schemes
• JobTicket for public transport throughout Hessen, for both business and personal use
• Emergency childcare support
• A variety of team and corporate events, and associations with leisure clubs, to strengthen your bond with your colleagues and promote a healthy lifestyle
• A strong focus on continued learning and development
• An exciting, challenging and diverse environment where you can grow your career as part of a great team
• A great corporate culture built around international collaboration, flat hierarchies and open communication
A company committed to be carbon neutral by 2030 with a strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility – contributing to the communities we live in.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
Der Motor für die digitale Transformation unserer Kunden ist die Technologie – der Antrieb für den Erfolg unseres Unternehmens sind die Menschen.
Als Berater:in bei CGI genießt du das Vertrauen deiner Kolleg:innen und Kunden. In der Zusammenarbeit gewinnst du Erkenntnisse, die zu wertvollen und nachhaltigen Lösungen führen. Unsere Mitarbeitenden heißen „Member“, weil sie am Erfolg beteiligt werden und gemeinsam ein Unternehmen gestalten, auf das wir alle stolz sind. Diesen Traum haben wir seit 1976, und er hat uns dorthin geführt, wo wir heute stehen: Wir sind einer der weltgrößten unabhängigen Dienstleister für IT und Business Consulting.
Bei CGI erkennen wir den Mehrwert von Vielfalt. Wir wollen ein Arbeitsumfeld schaffen, dem sich alle zugehörig fühlen, und fördern zusammen mit unseren Kunden die Inklusion. Bei uns haben alle die gleichen Chancen, erfolgreich zu sein und sich weiterzuentwickeln. Solltest du im Recruiting-Prozess Unterstützung benötigen, sind wir für dich da.
Bist du bereit, Teil unserer Erfolgsgeschichte zu werden? Komm zu CGI – wo du mit deinen Ideen und deinem Engagement etwas bewirkst.
Das CGI-Recruiting Team steht Ihnen bei Rückfragen oder für ein telefonisches Erstgespräch gerne zur Verfügung. Sie erreichen uns unter 06196 / 77 42 420. Wir freuen uns auf Ihre Bewerbung!