If you’re looking for a challenge that stretches your talents and you want to make a real difference
in people’s lives, come and help us support the digital transformation of the UK. We are looking for an experienced 3rd line technical Wintel Engineer with a thirst for knowledge and learning, to join a well-established shared services BAU team of 30 engineers who are responsible for supporting a wide-ranging list of technologies across a portfolio of 40+ clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The main tasks and objectives covered by these Terms of Reference are as follows
• To manage and support all Windows servers including the Operating System.
• To recover Windows servers in the event of hardware failure.
• To collate and maintain full server inventory.
• To review and agree BAU acceptance of change records on Server Management supported environments.
• Support Knowledge Transfer activities for New/Existing clients.
• To assist in the maintenance of the Quality documentation for the Server Management Team.
• To ensure that all documents and working processes conform to ISO9001 and ISO27001.
• To maintain and test the Windows server Disaster Recovery procedures for customers requiring this service.
• To monitor and support the Exchange, Active Directory and Internet access infrastructure for external customers.
• To be Technical Experts in a number of supported Technologies e.g. Citrix, Clustering. VMware and locally attached SAN drives.
• To provide printer support for external customers Windows server infrastructure, Windows server backup facilities and rectify failures in conjunction with the Control Bridge
• To proactively manage all issues raised as problems and perform root cause analysis where requested and perform system health checks both of operating system and supported technologies
• Escalate service enhancement suggestions to the Server Management Proactive Services team.
• Provide internal training via workshops on technologies where required and technological expertise to support Outsourcing Services Management.
• To participate in internal and external security audits and reviews
• To undertake 24 x 7 support service utilising on call rota.
• To record change control documents for all proposed/completed changes.
• To detail all server problems for use in fault analysis and availability statistics.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Operating systems - Windows 2012 – 2019
Exchange, Microsoft 365
VMWare 6.5, 6.7 and 7.0
Excellent communication, team player combined with a flexible and adaptable attitude
Security – McAfee/Trend
- Process Management
- Server - Wintel
- Wintel/Windows Server
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.