The Project Manager, Merger Target Sourcing will be responsible for identifying, analyzing and implementing sources of information that can generate candidates aligned with CGI’s merger qualification criteria at high volume. In this role you will work closely with all members of the M&A team to develop a clear understanding of the criteria CGI applies to merger targets and optimize the use of new tools including potentially commercial data sources, and/or intelligent search tools.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Determine and define project scope and objectives
• Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
• Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
• Track project costs in order to meet budget
• Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
• Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
• Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
• Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
• Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
• Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
• Strong ability to articulate project status to Executives
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements
• Ability to manage tight timelines to develop meaning full presentations
• Detail oriented, self starter with the ability to take ownership of deliverables
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
• 5-8 years of project management and related experience
• A minimum of 5 years experience managing projects in a fluid environment combined with a deep understanding of the IT sector
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
• Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
• Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
• Proficient in MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and other MS tools
• Solid comprehension of the qualification and analysis process for potential merger targets
• Strong analytical and presentation capabilities for senior audiences
• High level of comfort with data analysis and solution analysis
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.