If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help working for us as a Senior Software Engineer (Front end / Angular) on one of our most prestigious secure programmes within our Central Government business unit. We will consider applications from across the UK and whilst there may be occasional need to go to one of our offices (Bristol/London) much of the work can be done remotely.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
CGI was voted ‘Best Workplace' by Great Place To Work in 2021, and offer a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member not just an employee.
All applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) Security Check (SC) level.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This role is to work as a Software Engineer on one of our flagship Digital Transformation programmes that makes a real positive impact on UK citizens’ lives. You’ll be working in one of our agile squads delivering innovative solutions to our client.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Senior experience with a good understanding of best practices in UX/Front End design and ability to work closely with UX interaction designer and back end developers.
• Good working experience with REST APIs and integration
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN .
• Creation of Scoping Documentation to ensure clear understanding of deliverables.
• Ability to work in tightknit squads which includes the Customer, Java Developers, front End Designer and Business Analyst to develop front end code based on wireframes and roadmaps.
• As the role will be primarily customer/user facing applicant must have excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Previous experience or knowledge of Agile methods particularly Scrum.
• Experience with the GDS guidelines/platform.
- Front End Development
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
- UX design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.