If you’re looking for a challenge that stretches your talents and you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, come and help us support the digital transformation of the UK. We need Network Engineers to work with high profile public and commercial clients, improving systems that make the everyday easier. This role will be located from Bridgend and will be based from the office 1-2 days per week.
Networks Engineers provide 3rd line support working primarily on Problem investigations and changes with a wide range of networking technologies and infrastructure.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Analyses problems on network infrastructure, developing and implementing long-term solutions • Analyses standard and some complex change requests on network/voice infrastructure, develop plans, implement and test.
• Installs, upgrades, tests, audits, and documents network infrastructure
• Implements, upgrades, populates and maintains a Network Management System
• Advises customers, account teams, other technical teams, and management on matters relating to changes, and problems on network infrastructure
• Carries out field visits to customer remote locations as required
• Works within CGI and customer Data Centres.
• Works with the minimum of supervision, demonstrating a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to work.
• Assumes responsibility for discrete areas of work and understand the commercial framework within which they operate.
• Assume responsibility for areas of technical work that demand specialist knowledge and understanding.
• Recognises specific business needs within the client organisation and follows up with relevant CGI managers.
• Accepts most changes related to network infrastructure into BAU support
• Implements standard changes related to network infrastructure
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Aruba Layer 2 / 3 Switch/ Switch Stack Support and Configuration
Aruba Wireless Controllers / AP's / Airwave
Fortinet Firewall technologies / Fortiweb / FortiADC
Cisco ASA / Firepower technologies
Cisco Nexus Switches / Cisco IOS switches
- Change Management
- Problem Management
- Cisco ASA
- Network Engineering
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.