Meet our professionals
"IT Service Manager – Infrastructure
We are looking for a self-motivated, career driven, amTBPious candidate with a broad technical background looking to provide leadership in delivering high availability by leading the speedy resolution of Major Incidents and make recommendations to prevent them from happening. Someone with significant hands-on experience in multiple IT disciplines (Network, Hypervisors, Firewalls and Load Balancers, and Cloud functionality) that is looking for the opportunity to take their career to the next level. The successful person will be detail oriented with the ability to also see the big picture, strong communication skills and a drive to deliver results.
The ideal candidate will work closely with Operations and Service Management Directors as well as internal and external clients. If you are adept at driving incidents to resolution; specifically, have a strong understanding of multiple technologies and how they interoperate, able provide direction to others, and capable of asking leading questions to prompt the consideration of other areas to investigate, this will be the role for you.
General Overview of Responsibilities
• Acts as the lead during business impacting incidents to ensure:
o all possible causes of incidents are being investigated with a multi-threaded approach
o all required technologies have subject matter experts on critical incident bridges
o all actions performed to mitigate or resolve the issue are communicated during the incident
o all details related to the investigation are recorded for inclusion in Post Incident Reviews and Problem Management activities
• Responsible for minimizing unplanned service interruptions for clients of a large account or a group of accounts to ensure that SLAs (service level agreements) as defined in the relevant contracts are met.
• Builds and maintains strong client and supplier relationships
• Leads client meetings regarding post incident reviews.
• Promotes the CGI capabilities to clients, identifies opportunities for Client Delivery Leader and works to achieve contract extension or to win additional business within the account(s).
• May provide consulting services to clients in specific domain of expertise to provide leadership and guidelines to achieve CGI’s goals and objectives.
• Provides support and/or technical expertise to client withing the domain of incident avoidance and improvement.
• Participates in identifying improvement to enhance client engagement.
• Interacts directly with the clients to discuss and resolve incident resolution improvement opportunities.
• People Leadership – you have led a team of skilled IT professionals, successfully developed and coached people to increase their technical and inter-personal skills (personally and professionally)
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Major Incident Service Restoration:
• Participate in the active trouble shooting bridge and take charge for the purposes of minimizing the time to restore service;
• Review available inputs, identify relevant architectural documents, direct the analysis performed by various SMEs,
• Leverage the monitoring tools (Splunk, AppD, OEM, SCOM, PRTG) to highlight business and infrastructure problems
• Communicate to the Senior Leadership Team the status of the situation
• Making and vetting recommendations on mitigation activities
• Ensure all steps performed to investigate the incident, and actions taken, are documented
• Perform a Post Incident Review (PIR) to identify the causes and/or contributing factors
• Make recommendations for service improvements that should be included in the PIR
• Transition the PIR learnings to a Problem Manager to prioritize remediation activities
Day to Day:
• Review and improve upon current infrastructure design documentation ensuring it is useful to aid in incident resolution
• Identify system wide risks that individual SMEs might not detect so they can be documented and remediated
• Learn application flows to be able to understand the infrastructure dependencies
• Identify monitoring and alerting improvements for the Observability Engineers
• Participate in Change Advisory Boards to identify gaps in the deployment strategy
• Participate in project working sessions to understand changes being proposed to the environment
• Leverage the monitoring tools (Splunk, AppD, OEM, SCOM, PRTG) to gain insights into system behaviors and patterns.
• Daily system health checks
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
o 10 or more years of IT experience in: some of Network, Hypervisors, Firewalls and Load Balancers, and Cloud systems in medium to large organizations with near-zero downtime requirements Highly regulated environments
o IT Client Service Management and/or IT Service Delivery Management experience.
o University degree or college diploma in a relevant field- Technology/Computer Science/Project management.
• IT Service management background with strong exposure to infrastructure technologies.
• You have the drive required to achieve goals and to maneuver with agility in a large global organization.
• You work well with senior executives and all levels alike.
• You are keen with new emerging technologies.
• Must have demonstrated strong technical leadership, interpersonal skills and organizational abilities in large/complex engagements.
• Must have exceptional judgment and innovative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure.
• Experience using a ticket management system such as Remedy and/or Service Now.
• Proficiency with MS-Office (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Comfortable conducting meetings, presenting and leading issue-resolution with management and senior management at the client and internally.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Should be detail oriented with high standards for quality of work.
• Should be able to write clear and concise documentation and generate reports for management and clients.
• Should possess excellent analytical and presentation skills.
• Should possess good understanding understand IT Service management methodologies, tools and processes involved.
• Should possess good understanding of project management methodologies and frameworks.
• Should be an excellent team player and collaborator with leadership acumen.
• Should be able to negotiate and resolve conflicts in client sensitive situations;
• Should be able to communicate with customers, executives and IT technical specialists in professional business language.
Other preferred Technical Skills:
• ITSM or ITIL certified
• CISM Trained or certified an advantage
• Exposure to ITSM tools – Remedy, Service Now…etc
• Knowledge of IT Service Management practices and ITIL model especially IT Service Operation
• Design and Transition Experience and strong understanding with some of the following:
o Datacenter networking
o Storage (SAN and NAS) and Backup technologies
o Physical server hardware
o Monitoring solutions
o Network Security Technologies such as (Firewalls, SecurID, ESM/VA Tools, LOG ANALYSIS, NIDS, HIDS, VPN, Authentication).
o Identity Management.
o Databases (SQL, Oracle, Sybase).
o Techniques and technologies required for High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
• Project Management"
- Financial Services
- IT Service Management
- Service Cloud
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.