Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI is looking for a collaborative and creative human centered design professional to transform complex tasks into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use digital experiences.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In your role as a user experience designer, you will use broad skills to plan and conduct research and usability testing, perform data analysis, and create artefacts such as journey maps, personas, and high-fidelity wireframes. You are experienced in working with interdisciplinary teams across a range of digital touch points to solve sophisticated user experience problems using human-centered design.
We believe in the transformative power of customer-centricity to help tackle business challenges and achieve business goals. The global reach of CGI’s diverse capabilities means that you will have the opportunity to collaborate with related disciplines, including data science, business analysis, communications, and organizational change!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Engages in three or more of the following disciplines and activities and is a recognized expert in at least one of these activities:
• User Needs Research. Provides a deeper understanding and broad insight into the behavior, needs and motivations of users. Prepares user engagement reports, user requirements manuals and technical documentation of user needs.
• UX Design. Leads and coordinates teams of internal and external users and facilitates the development of logical and physical specifications. Evaluates a variety of software products to determine useability. Designs and creates programming lanugage for inclusion in software. Creates a design that is usable, effective, and efficient for all users regardless of ability and capability. Works closely with front-end developers. Confident delivery of quality UX artefacts such as personas, scenarios, process maps, site maps and user journeys.
• Usability Evaluation. Plans, writes and carries out user testing within software and in human systems. Investigates and resolves UX issues through evaluation, testing and communicating actionable insights. Understands best practice, principles, and standards. Chooses an appropriate evaluation tool. Plans and administers the evaluation. Logs, analyses, and interprets data. Presents data in a meaningful way.
• Information Architecture/Interaction Design. Communicates technical needs, issues, processes and solutions. Optimizes how information and function is presented to the user. Techniques and standards to deliver service design, conceptual models, organization of the structure of content and function and content management.
• Visual Design. Understands best practice, principles, and standards. Understands how to assess apply emerging design direction and latest trends. Takes responsibility for typography, layout, color palette, style guide, iconography. Turns prototypes into compelling, engaging visual designs.
• Prototyping. Translates designs into interactions. Brings concepts to life in a way that is meaningful to stakeholders, users, and developers. Selects the appropriate level of fidelity of prototype from the paper mock-ups to the interactive application
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A deep understanding of human-centered design practices
• A passion for new technologies, a strong desire to innovate, and objectivity
• Strong analytical skills, including data analysis, backed by technical skills
• Proven experience in planning and executing research activities, including contextual interviews, surveys, co-design sessions, usability testing, and heuristic evaluations
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools used widely within the design community
• Proven experience with creating, testing, and rapidly iterating wireframes of different fidelities, designed for consistent delivery across web and mobile
• The ability to clearly articulate your ideas and defend your work to clients and teams
• An adaptable approach to address ambiguity, and to fit project goals, timelines and other parameters
• Experience working in an agile, digital product- focused development environment
• Understanding of user testing methodologies, usability, and accessibility standards and practices (WCAG 2.0)
• Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
Required level of education:
• Degree or diploma in a design or related field; or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- Agile UX
- Data Analysis
- Qualitative user research
- User Interface Design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.