CGI in Atlantic Canada is expanding and we are looking to add high performing Senior Business Analyst to our team. The Senior Business Analyst’s responsibilities involve developing new business strategies and assist with project execution, communicating to management on how these strategies and models will enhance business efficiency.
To be successful as a Senior Business Analyst, you should be able to effectively manage the business requirements. Ultimately, a top-performing senior business analyst should be able to identify ways in which to improve customer satisfaction.
• Lead and complete the preparation and documentation of business requirements, technical requirements, security requirement, business process definitions, workflow processes, Fit/Gap Analysis
• Verify that project requirements are uniquely identified, prioritized, documented, agreed to and understood by all affected groups and signed off in a timely manner
• Plan, facilitate and lead business process and requirements discussions/workshops with the client business analysists and stakeholders
• Ensures that requirements are base lined, changes to the requirements are managed as per the project change management procedures
• Accountable to ensure that the requirements are aligned with the client’s business objectives and stated expectations including managing requirements priority
• Prepare and regularly review and update the requirements tracking matrix
• Ensures that changes to requirements are reflected in the Requirements Tracking Matrix
• Plan the activities for tracking requirements with the Project Manager
• Maintaining, testing and improving business and systems operations
• Gain deep application understanding and recommend improvements and new solutions
• Ensure effective communication where agreement or cooperation is required or where there are barriers to understanding
• Identifying and addressing operational, financial and technological risks within the business
• Acting as a liaison between business and IT groups
• Coordinate the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and provide the required support to customer during the UAT phase
• Support new business development by assessing solution requirements, reviewing functional solution, risk analysis and supporting impact assessment and estimation
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
• PMI – business analyst certification (PMI-BA) an asset
• Proven experience as a senior business analyst of at least 5 years
• Strong experience in information technology and software development
• Proven analytical skills and experience working in a large, complex business/organization
• Able to work with multiple business stakeholders and elicit business needs
• Experience performing and supporting testing efforts, including planning and supporting user acceptance test
• Familiarity with standard software development tools and techniques
• Excellent understanding of systems and functional analysis, quality assurance and change management best practices
• Strong writing skills through business process and technical documentation
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Critical eye for detail
• Positive attitude
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Business Analysis
- Change Management
- Requirement Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.