Are you a driver of change with the talent to inspire clients and colleagues? As a leader at CGI you’ll help shape the UK’s digital revolution, and take responsibility for some of the world’s most
ambitious transformation projects.
A compelling communicator and a natural motivator, you get the very best from enthusiastic teams of experts whose professional growth you nurture. Your vision, sector expertise and professional acumen delivers innovation with a customer focus that is absolute.
We are looking for an individual who is keen to take the next step up and join as a Director of Product and Innovation. As a Product Owner you will work closely with our development teams to lead forward the direction of key smart metering products and other solutions and products within the Energy and Utilities sector team in a role that will allow you to grow.
We’re a Top 100 employer so when you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our collaborative teams will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better. Bring your talent to CGI and help us deliver the future, now.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the head of the UK North & Australia products business you will be required to spearhead the business' software development drive, liaise with colleagues, and ensure that the team has a firm grasp of market sectors, the customers, and product direction. You will work with client engagement directors, market SMEs and technical teams. This is a Director level opportunity to get involved with a successful IP product and drive it's future development and growth by developing existing roadmaps and building new. Working with a skilled delivery team seen within the industry as leading experts in their field. There is opportunity to work with existing and new clients and industry forums to find new avenues to sell the DCC Adapter product and supporting services, and also identify and build new products.
• Setting the product vision, managing product backlog and product roadmap.
• Delivery of one or more product solutions with responsibility for engagement results including client satisfaction, engagement performance, solution investment, budget and profitability
• Driving business cases for investment in new products, prototypes and proof of concepts to deliver growth in the product business
• Developing key product literature including brochures and other material to support business development activities
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with assigned clients and acting as the client engagement manager for your products
• Team and Member Management assigning, recruiting and supporting the career development of team members including fostering the development of the team’s capabilities and expertise in line with client needs/market evolution
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience of being a Product Owner or lead SME including defining strategy/vision and creation of product backlog based on strategy/market/regulations. This could be within a supplier in the Energy Retail sector or within an IT consultancy
• Experience and a good understanding of the UK Energy Retail market
• Proven record of managing key financials and delivery for growth
• Strong relationship building skills especially with internal and external stakeholders on product strategy, delivery and business cases.
• Experience of taking IP to market Experience with agile software development is desirable
• Experience of developing business cases for migrating products and services into Cloud is desirable
• Experience of working within multi-skilled product teams, collaborating with software engineers, product owners, business analysts and client engagement managers.
A lot of the team are based out of our Solihull offices, but we are also able to consider candidates to be based out of other CGI offices such as Manchester or Bristol as long as you are able to travel when normality resumes.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.