Descripción de la publicación:
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
As Senior Engineer – Retail Systems within the New England Region, you will be a thought leader, spirited, engaging with clients, and internal members. You will have a passion for solving complex technology problems in the Retail industry to support the business strategy. The ideal candidate possess hands-on experience in coding, microservices and containerization cloud solutions and the role will require extensive experience working with development engineers and business stakeholders in an agile environment to integrate and develop online and cloud-enabled ecommerce application.
Sus futuros deberes y responsabilidades:
• Development of capabilities in e-commerce order management team to complete online shopping experience to manage the shopping cart, shipping and returns.
• Develop solution to enable clients move legacy applications to microservices, move towards asynchronous, event-driven architectures.
• Develop cloud native solutions
Calificaciones requeridas para tener éxito en este rol:
• Maintain existing mid- and back-end ecommerce systems in a variety of technologies.
• Build new capability, and migrate systems toward asynchronous cloud and microservice-based architectures.
• Work closely with team members to iterate software design, coordinate test definition and planning with QA, and contribute to continuous improvement of team processes and best practices
• Develop, maintain, and enhance software solutions in a variety of technologies, modern and legacy (.Net legacy framework and Java legacy language)
• Work in a strong Agile Scrum process, participating in and contributing to the various ceremonies and communication touchpoints.
• Contribute to supporting business customers, diagnosis and resolution of production issues
• Experience setting the bar for documentation, coding standards, and testing
• A working knowledge of Agile/Scrum.
• 6+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience with Microservices and Containerization (a must-have!)
• Experience with C#, .Net, Java technologies in a fast-paced production environment
• Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or Azure
• Experience with relational databases (ex: Oracle, MySQL) – NoSQL a plus
• Experience with concurrency, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
• Experience and familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Experience with .NET Core and a working knowledge of agile/scrum practices.
• Strong communication skills (technical descriptions and diagramming, escalation, written, in-person, adaptive as appropriate to the audience, etc.)
• “Strong opinions, lightly held” – Willingness to own, research, and argue your points of view, bring new ideas to the table, but deliver according to consensus and expectations
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $100,000-$108,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
¿Qué esperas de nosotros?:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.