If your programming skills are matched by an enthusiasm for problem-solving, and your communication skills are as creative as your coding, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK that could use your help.
CGI are looking to recruit a skilled Android Application Software Developer, keen to put their abilities to use on a highly secure platform that plays an important role in keeping UK residents safe, everyday! This role can be worked almost fully remotely, with occasional expensed visits to our Solihull or Chippenham offices.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme. As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go. #LI-Remote
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You’ll be joining a small, tight-knit but highly effective team, enhancing and building new features for our secure application within the policing sector. Duties will include but are not limited to; coding, code review, bug fixing and testing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Android application development with Java (Java 8 minimum).
- Test-driven development (TDD) experience
- Business-driven test design for application features
- Test execution and results collation
- Strong problem solving ability
- .NET (C#) / MVC experience
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management (WorkspaceONE preferable)
- Working experience of IIS & Web related Services, Gradle build tool, Query creation and execution on SQL Server, Windows Powershell, Continuous development & integration using GitLab
- Any knowledge of working within a VMWARE virtualised server environment
- Knowledge on the capabilities of Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge on networking (load balancing & RADIUS)
- Knowledge of web development including REST over HTTPS
- Knowledge of Enterprise & Gang of Four design patterns
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered, ALL candidates MUST be eligible and willing to under go UK Security Clearance as well as NPPV3 clearance.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.