CGI is currently seeking a Cloud Senior Agile Database Administrator (DB2) to join our team!
You will work on highly visible transformation projects for some of the world’s largest enterprises!
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization with $12 billion+ in annual revenues
• 78,000 employees in 40 countries
We're offering a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
This career opportunity is located in Belton, TX. If outside of this proximity, this role can be performed REMOTELY!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will employ deep technical expertise to the design, implementation, testing, and ongoing support of the database infrastructure.
• Installs, patches, and configures DB2, MS SQL Server, DynamoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL software in ECS ad EC2 (Linux and Microsoft Windows), as well as AIX environments
• Supports database deployment and migration activities; executes backups and restores
• Troubleshoots and resolves database issues across development, testing, and production environments
• Manages database level security
• Designs, develops, tests, and implements database tools, including:
o Backup/Recovery solutions
o Security and Encryption
o Data Archival
o Data Masking and Subsetting
• Monitors and analyzes database performance and resource utilization across multiple databases to develop CPU, Memory, and Storage capacity projections and improve operational efficiency
• Works with systems engineers and architects on issues related to database infrastructure architecture, design, and capacity; and assists with Proof Of Concept testing
• Works with peers within and beyond the Operations team to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and develop & implement new solutions
• Develops operational procedures, white papers, proposals, and other documentation
• With Applications DBA:
o Designs database environments and components
o Produces and maintains logical and physical data models for databases and projects
• Develops scripts to automate repetitive systems administration, monitoring, and reporting activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5 years of DB2 Administration experience in a large production UNIX environment, preferably in an AIX / Power Architecture environment
• 2-3 years MS SQL Server, DynamoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL Database administration experience
• Experience with database Backup/Recovery, Security & Encryption, Data Archival, and Data masking & Subsetting solutions
• Familiarity with LDAP authentication, RBAC concepts, and Microsoft AD
• 2 Years of experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
• Experience working with third party service providers such as vendors and internal support groups
• Excellent troubleshooting and root cause-analysis skills
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in driving technical problems to resolution
• Ability to plan and implement change for enterprise systems, adhering to standard change management processes
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to mentor other team members in areas of technical expertise
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Strong working knowledge of middleware technologies, preferably WebSphere and Business Objects
• Excellent UNIX scripting skills
• Familiarity with Curam Enterprise framework v6 or above
• Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) tool experience
• Experience working in an outsourced/managed services environment
• Experience with SDLC and/or other systems development methodologies
• Experience developing project plans and work breakdown structures
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $75K- $135K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Maintenance/Production Support
- SAP Business Objects
- Microsoft Azure
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.