CGI Federal is searching for a Part Time Housing Inspector who will be responsible for completing housing inspections in New York City area for various subsidized housing programs such as the Housing Choice Voucher program. Must clearly and accurately document compliance to housing standards as defined by HUD and client.
**Training will be provided**
**Permanent Part Time position with Full Benefits.**
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor, evaluate and document housing conditions of rental assistance clients,
• Ensure that all assigned annual and new units are inspected timely and cited HQS violations are brought into compliance within given time frames,
• Follow-up on all inspections to determine if required work has been completed properly and within specified time constraints,
• Educate program participants, appropriate agencies, and the general public entities concerning HQS and client-specific regulations, policies and procedures,
• Research and respond to inquiries regarding HQS and other inspection related matters,
• Participate effectively within and across teams to solve issues and deliver quality service to client, owners, agents and participants,
• Clearly and accurately document specific information pertaining to each dwelling unit,
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Inspections Supervisor and provide adequate
coverage in other areas as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A minimum of 1 year of directly related experience
• High School diploma or GED
• Knowledge of local building codes, construction methods (new and rehabilitation) and housing systems (electrical, plumbing, heating),
• Experience in the fields of Public Housing, Real Estate, Building Inspections, Code Enforcement or the equivalent of education and experience, Licensed Home Inspector (preferred),
• Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, as well as effective negotiation skills,
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail,
• Must be able to demonstrate diplomacy when dealing with housing applicants, residents, property owners, real estate agencies and staff
• Ability to work independently and complete daily assignments,
• Must be PC literate and able to effectively use MS Word, Excel and Outlook and hand-held electronic devices
• Must possess a valid driver license, a good driving record and meet all state insurance requirements,
• Must have access to a reliable vehicle to conduct daily field work and be available from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday,
• Inspector’s must be able to pay business expenses up front and then be reimbursed within a reasonable length of time per CGI's expense policy
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required
Experience in the fields of Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Real Estate, Building Inspections is highly desirable
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and negotiation skills, good organizational skills, detail-oriented
• Self-starter that can work independently to assure completion of daily work assignments
• Licensed Home Inspector (Preferred)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.