We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 44 years, we're still growing! Since our founding in 1976, CGI has been at the forefront of change within the Insurance Sector. CGI understands industry challenges and has the experience to help clients overcome these challenges, minimize upfront capital outlays, and achieve business results that drive performance and profitability.
The GTA-CPS Property & Casualty Insurance team is looking to staff client engagements with skilled Guidewire Quality Engineering Lead. We are looking to staff using a combination of existing Property & Casualty Insurance Vertical members and new additions
What do you bring to the role?
• Domain knowledge on Property & Casualty Insurance
• Detailed hands-on knowledge of Guidewire applications- either PolicyCenter, or ClaimCenter
• Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• Hands- on experience in development and maintenance of Test Automation Frameworks and Tools like TOSCA (preferred), Selenium, etc.
• Hands-on experience with testing RESTful APIs
• Understanding of data model (Guidewire, Legacy etc.), object/entity relationship, and relational databases
• Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
• Planning and documenting testing coverage, formulate and design test strategy
• Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics (such as status reports, defect metrics) and effectively use tools and processes like Jira, Confluence, ALM etc. to ensure quality goals are met
• Ability to work in the global delivery model and be a liaison between the client and software development team across different geographies
• Experience in working in a fast paced Agile (Scrum/SAFe) and multiple stakeholder environments
• Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams- Onshore/Offshore model
• Expertise in managing Agile Test projects, E2E Test Management and UAT testing projects.
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Continually apply the software testing practices, concepts and principles throughout software development life cycle
• Manage resources to ensure the deliverables are met with the highest level of quality
Nice to have:
• Testing Certifications- ISTQB
• Agile Certifications (Scrum / SAFe)
• Guidewire Certifications
• Tosca Certifications- AS1/AS2
• Exposure to Behavior Driven Development (BDD), TDD, Selenium, etc.
• Testing experience with integration/ETL platform for data cleansing, migration etc.
• Database Testing experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.