Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the local community with the ability draw on global best-in-class talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
This is a superb opportunity to become an employee of CGI, based in Vancouver, to provide leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a Systems Analyst who has a minimum of 4 years of IT experience including 2 years of application maintenance experience in Web Portal environments. As part of the team, the successful candidate will work on web and client/server based development and maintenance projects to deliver high quality new or enhanced systems.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the business analysts to understand requirements;
• Work with architects and technical leads to understand the software;
• Perform smoke and regression tests to validate new releases;
• Work with business partners to understand trouble reports;
• Confirm incidents, take full ownership and lead the team to resolve them.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A University or College degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years Web maintenance experience
• Experience in supporting large applications
• Proficient in non-functional requirements, particularly performance, speed and maintainability
• Knowledgeable of ITIL processes, Service Now or similar ITSM ticketing system a plus;
• Knowledge of databases and data models
• Outstanding analysis and problem solving skills to proactively and quickly address and decompose complex issues into manageable pieces
• Good technical skills to understand the potential and the limitations of information technology
• Ability to analyze scope, requirements and issues, and define work effort required to address
• Ability to take control of issues and manage them to resolution in a highly complex, multi-stakeholder environment
• Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment
• Excellent analytical/documentation skills
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, SharePoint and Microsoft Project
• Highly driven and able to self-manage in a fast paced environment
• Proven ability to build rapport and develop effective working relationships with clients
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to lead and mentor others
• Proven team player
Nice to have:
• Experience using Atlassian Jira
- Analytical Thinking
- Application Development
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Jira management software
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.