Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is searching for a Sr. Project Manager with strong technical expertise and a background in government IT to fill a Work Order Manager role for our Social Security Administration (SSA) program in Baltimore, MD. This is a client facing job, supporting different Incubations, Proof of Concepts and Enterprise Architecture activities and working with multiple technical teams simultaneously. Candidates may be in an onsite/remote hybrid model
The current program supports multiple offices at SSA involving the development, design and upgrade of a variety of Legacy and Emerging technologies. The candidate will report to the CGI Work Order Manager and be responsible for client relationship, ongoing communication, risk mitigation, issue resolutions and ongoing progress reporting. The ideal candidate will have experience working through all phases of the full software development lifecycle.
The successful candidate must have a strong technical background with Excellent verbal, and written communication skills and collaboration experience with both business and technical audiences. The candidate is expected to learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users. Must have the ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences and have prior experience creating Executive Summaries and Project Status. This involves reviewing project plans, status and budgets as well as managing schedules, preparing status reports, assessing project issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Acting as a liaison between the CGI Delivery Manager, SSA Work Order Manager, Project teams and key client stakeholders in defining and documenting business needs for new function or major enhancements to existing systems.
• Support a mixed team of Solutions, Technical, Business and Enterprise Architects, Senior Developers and DBAs in support of the client’s mission.
• Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, Weekly/Monthly Status Reports, Executive Summaries and user documentation.
• Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
• Facilitates Regular meetings with clients and team. Responsible for client and team member satisfaction
• Representing business interests and ensuring that all technical designs meet or exceed business needs. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet program goals and objectives
• Should be able to work directly with 3rd party vendors and the client in a very dynamic environment.
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A Master's degree and 8+ years of IT experience with 5+ years of relevant project management experience
• Understands and interprets the technical, organizational and process aspects of the task assigned and can relate them to the technical needs of the overall large project or organization.
• Must have a strong Technical background with Prior Experience interfacing with Technical Architects, Solutions Architects, Enterprise Architects, DBAs and Senior Developers
• Prior Experience supporting Social Security Administration or similar large organizations strongly preferred
• Prior software development experience and/or Enterprise Architecture experience strongly preferred
• Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills including being POC with clients.
• Prior experience leading delivery tasks with small teams and facilitating client meetings.
• PMP certification is required along with CSM is desired
• Demonstrated experience of consulting and interacting at the senior management and executive level
• Attention to detail, and strong communication, negotiation, client facing and client relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all customer stakeholders, particularly from a service focus, service quality standpoint.
• Ability to articulate technical concepts, particularly development challenges and risks, in business terms and with an eye toward business impacts.
• Ability to learn quickly, engage deeply in new subject areas, and quickly establish credibility while working in new subject areas and with various areas of the business
- Data Architecture
- Postgre SQL
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.