If you are an experienced hands-on DevOps engineer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help support our complex environment as we design, build and advance our CI/CD pipelines whilst aggressively increasing our footprint on a cloud infrastructure. The role involves working in an agile team in a highly collaborative and engaging culture and be adaptable to shifting priorities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will be a key member of the Application engineering team
• Shaping how our products are developed and deployed in an optimized automated CI/CD pipeline ensuring high quality
• Design and implement infrastructure and security technologies within the public cloud
• Actively innovating and creatively experimenting so that we may better support business needs
• Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
• Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of an activity or task
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Systems Networking, Information Systems/Science, or a closely related discipline
• Hands-on working knowledge of AWS and cloud services and technologies, building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, and supporting infrastructure, system, and security configurations and policies.
• Experience supporting and building operational tools for a complex distributed highly concurrent computing systems.
• Ability to apply automation to infrastructure processes and instrumentation
• Experience in writing code (scripting) in languages such as Python, Groovy, Bash, TypeScript
• Creative problem-solver: while experience counts a lot, it’s the ability to solve new, interesting problems in a dynamic environment that will ultimately be most important
• Demonstrated success in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and exposure to Pipeline As Code and Infrastructure as Code.
• You have experience in installing, operating, supporting, maintaining, and upgrading vendor products and proven ability to support various distributed computing environments that run on both on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
• You have knowledge of the SCRUM / Agile development practices and has a proven a collaborative work style
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Smithfield, RI OR Durham, NC OR Boston, MA OR Merrimack, NH
- DevOps Engineering
- Continuous Integration
- Infrastructure as a Code
- AWS DevOps Engineer
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.