The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here!
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry in an mission critical application modernization as a Front end developer ?
CGI is seeking for a Front End Developer using Angular with modern software engineering practices (Continuous Integration, Specification by Example, Behavior / Test Driven Development – BDD, TDD) and respective tools, to become a part of a dynamic team located in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette LA! This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies.
This Engineer will be a key contributor to our Digital practice and will have the below responsibilities:
Work with UI/UX team and business teams to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
Bring in best practices and document for other teams to follow the same
Coach and mentor other team members
Help team remove any technical challenges associated with Angular Front End Development and Integration patterns.
Continuously improve software engineering practices
Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
· Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests using Karma and Jasmine.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• As a Front End Lead Developer, must be in a position to define and establish best practices around SPA development.
• Should hit the ground and develop the angular components in a rapid fashion and work independently without supervision.
• Recommend UI designs and layouts to the team and business.
• Should be in position to mentor and coach the teams.
• Will be able to resolve blockers from team around SPA development and API Integration.
• Perform code reviews from other team members and make sure team is up to the expectation.
• Actively contribute to software development strategy and product roadmap specific to application development
• Drive solution design thought leadership, for a customer –centric perspective
• Ability to understand and translate business requirements into meaningful end to end solutions
• Understand functional specifications and use case designs.
• Application Development Responsibilities to support and integrate back end APIs.
• Implements technical changes to improve the team's effectiveness
• Plan out system enhancement implementation roadmap
• Resolve conflicting priority among projects and ad-hoc requests
• Coordinates with team resources to integrate project with other applications and releases and ensure appropriate skillset alignment and staffing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
12+ years of front end development using HTML, CSS and Java Script or similar.
8+ years of hands on and sound knowledge in SPA development using Angular v2-9
8+ years of hands on experience in Type Scripting.
5+ years of sound knowledge and working experience in reactive programming.
Ability to understand existing jQuery scripts and bring that to SPA.
8+ years of API integration and addressing challenges.
Understanding of Devops to include:
Jenkins, Gitlab, and monorepo
Monitoring Tools – Splunk, Dynatrace, APM, Cloudwatch
Driver and not a follower
Willingness to learn & take up challenges
Problem Solving skills – Provide solutions and ability to justify
Hands-On with Programming languages namely Spring, TypeScript, NodeJS, Angular…
11+ years of HTML, CSS and Java Script
8+ years of experience with Angular
6+ years of experience with TypeScript
3+ years of exp with NodeJS
4 years of experience with RxJS or NgRx
1 year of experience with DevOps
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
2 years of experience with Monorepo and Openshift
3 years of experience with Springboot
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $90,000-$120,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.