Site Reliability Engineer with strong technical skills to engineer solutions for operational problems. This role can be located within proximity of any U.S. CGI office.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), the candidate will be responsible for formulating and implementing solutions that will improve overall stability and resiliency of critical business applications. The candidate will also be responsible for leading critical incident response function: - lead and drive the triaging and resolution of complex, high impact production issue to quickly restore the services to minimize any impacts to business functions.
Twoje przyszłe obowiązki :
• Response Function
o Lead Critical Incident Response function.
o On-Call Support including off hours
o Monitor production environments
o Conduct Post-Mortem analysis
• Problem Solving Function
o Repetitive Incident Resolution. Remediate the issue via sustainable and preventative solutions
o Knowledge Management
o Build and Refine Application monitoring rules
o Improvise Run-The-Shop Operations and Processes
o Build or modify solutions to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency.
o Reduce manual work through automation.
• Building a strong team by mentoring and leveling-up junior developers
Wymagane kwalifikacje, aby odnieść sukces w tej roli:
• Experienced SRE with strong background on coding and automation
• 8+ years’ experience on Run-The-Shop operations
• Should be able to quickly identify the root cause and resolve critical issues by looking across multiple layers
• Extensive Support Experience in a global large-scale, high volume application in a mission-critical and complex production environment
• Proficient knowledge in application and infrastructure architecture discipline.
• Extensive experience in Linux Systems, analyzing and interpreting the application/system log files
• Working knowledge of WEB applications (Tomcat, Java) and database (Oracle, SQL,)
• Advanced knowledge in Application Performance Monitoring tools, analyzing application and system log files
• Proficient knowledge of infrastructure components for example Load Balancers (F5), Web Security Mechanism, REST APIs
• Proficient knowledge of SRE principles and automation design principles
• Proficient Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts. Working knowledge of JAVA is Preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in programming/scripting languages for example Python/PowerShell/Shell Scripting
• 5+ years of Banking and Financial domain knowledge preferred
• Strong, courageous communicator capable of effectively communicating, verbally and written to technical, business and “C” level executives.
• Capable of working in high pressure situations
• Java or any software language 5+ years
• Python/Shell Scripting/Power Shell 5+ years
• Linux System 8+ years
• Dynatrace or any other APM tools 8+ years
• Web Applications 8+ years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Communication skills
• Team player
• Problem solving
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $120,000-$180,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
Czego możesz od nas oczekiwać:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.