CGI's Telecom division is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team. The ability to thrive in a highly complex and ambiguous environment and to collaborate optimally across all levels of the organization will be key for success in this highly visible business partnering role. We are looking for a leader, instrumental in developing and mentoring junior data scientists and promoting the data science program within the division.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Design and develop analytic models to drive major operational business decisions
• Build machine learning models
• Understand customer and business requirements and implement reliable technical solutions for non-technical end users
• Improve data collection, reporting, and analysis based on business needs
• Work with client sponsors and team members to deliver project goals and provide clear communication with the team
• Provide documentation and explanation of technical solutions in a professional manner
• Create and deliver presentations to C-Suite Level audiences
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience with the designing and implementation of data warehousing, relational databases, and associated infrastructures, data programming, scripting, SQL queries and stored procedures
• Python and/or R programming experience (4+ years)
• Proficient in Cloud technologies (Snowflake, AWS, and/or Microsoft Azure)
• Familiarity with Spark and Data Lakes
• Validated background of analytical, mathematical, and critical thinking
• Passion for data analytics, modeling, programming, and machine learning
• Ability to take sophisticated problems/concepts and simplify down for a variety of audiences
• 5+ years of experience in Data Science or related field
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, Statistics or equivalent
AI Implementation projects
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $120,000-$160,000
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.