Do you have strong problem solving skills as well as effective written communication skills? The Health and Compliance group at CGI Federal is looking for Senior Business Analyst who can be part of a large team in a dynamic and changing environment. Our Health and Compliance Group is working with our customers to tackle the most exciting challenges in Health IT. Members on our teams are using new and relevant technologies, developing creative solutions, and helping to shape how health care is provided in America. As part of our team you will be expected to innovate and apply your skills, smarts, and imagination to create solutions that are modular, easy to change, operationally efficient, and bring value to millions of Americans. The ideal candidate will have experience working through all phases of the full software development lifecycle. A strong technical and analytical background with experience in systems integration is preferred but not required. Candidates should also have strong written and verbal communications skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Acting as a liaison between project teams and key client stakeholders in defining business needs and requirements for new website tools or major enhancements to existing website tools.
• Leading JAD sessions.
• Collaborating closely with technical team members to define solutions.
• Articulating requirements in a variety of ways, including via logical diagrams, use cases, data samples, and user stories.
• Representing business interests and ensuring that all technical designs meet or exceed business needs.
• Driving toward on-time, quality deliverables in a highly complex and dynamic business environment, while actively managing stakeholder expectations.
• Engaging in prioritization and problem-solving with technical resources in order to deliver robust solutions as quickly as possible.
• Supporting project managers by collaborating on the creation and maintenance of realistic timelines, identifying dependencies and risks/mitigation plans, and contributing regular updates that inform project status reporting.
• Mentoring a team of more junior business analysts in development of BA skill sets, supervising their growth and development, and supporting consistent best practices across the entire BA team
•Creating and maintaining artifacts including the System Requirements Specifications document and the System Design Document
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3-5+ years of BA experience in an IT environment (preferably web based), 2+ years leading other BAs.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic multi-stakeholder environment.
• Ability to engage virtually with distributed teams.
• Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate continuous commitment to quality and service.
• Ability to clearly, concisely, and completely document business needs via user stories/use cases, data flows, logical data models, etc.
• Ability to relay requirements, articulate business needs and complex business problems, to technical audiences.
• Ability to articulate technical concepts, particularly development challenges and risks, in business terms and with an eye toward business impacts.
• Ability to learn quickly, engage deeply in new subject areas, and quickly establish credibility while working in new subject areas and with various areas of the business.
• Experience working in Health IT a plus.
• Experience working in an Agile environment a plus.
• Experience in on projects similar to the size, scope, and complexity of the work and environment for IT Health and Service Delivery to multiple government agencies.
• Understanding of federal marketplace as it relates to the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
• Strong knowledge and expertise in federal health regulations, health insurance markets, Exchanges, and compliance best practices; leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills, and strong problem-solving and logical reasoning skills.
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
- UML (Unified ModelingLanguage)
- Use Case Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.