Sr. DevOps Engineer
Telecom has great opportunities to utilize Network Big Data, Orchestration and Automation solutions to evolve network planning and operation and prepare for the future network.
We have a requirement for a seasoned Data and AI professional to join a fast growing team to design, develop data solutions to support our portfolio of services.
As a DevOps Engineer you will play a leading role in managing the micro services solutions in various containerization clusters for Telecom Networks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Deploy, Support and maintain containerized micro services, and similar other development in kubernetes systems, be a subject-matter expert.
• Working experience deploying, configuring and managing kubernetes clusters on premises (baremetal or VMs) and in the cloud (GKE).
• Create, evolve and maintain the containerized micro services features roadmap and architecture.
• Support kubernetes environment growth by documenting, presenting, coaching and evangelizing on software development Tools and Practices to Bell teams.
• Understand software development approaches and support teams on methods to improve software quality and guidelines to ensure baseline performance objectives are met
• Coach project teams on the technical practices necessary for agile software development, deployment, testing and release to production.
• Assisting community initiatives centered around sharing ideas, learning, common software projects and best practices to engage collaboration between Bell teams
• Working with vendors to enhance our software development environment.
• Technology exploration with focus on DevOps ecosystem and software development practices
• Good understanding of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), and DevOps, including deployment and maintenance processes.
• Maintain constant relationship with external teams to understand their requirements and align roadmap and architecture.
• Innovation skills including curiosity, agility, strategic thinking.
• Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, CI-CD continuous integration/deployment, database, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
• Ensure all system issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Create and follow up on vendor’s incident tickets resolution.
• Keep management, team members and business stakeholders informed of critical issues, status, changes, etc. using proper notifications mechanism.
• Participate in an on-call rotation and available to work off-hours and weekends.
• Understand and support all aspects of Network Big Data, Orchestration and Automation solutions delivery life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, and production deployment.
• Coordinate the necessary operations documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
• Perform all software upgrades and patching collaborating with the necessary Infrastructure teams.
• Provide work estimates as needed.
• Facilitate and lead meetings with end users.
• Develop standardized practices for delivering new products and capabilities using Big Data technologies, including data acquisition, transformation, and analysis.
• Ensure Big Data practices integrate into overall data architectures and data management principles (e.g. data governance, data security, metadata, data quality).
• Create formal written deliverables and other documentation, and ensure designs, code, and documentation are align with enterprise direction, principles, and standards.
• Train and mentor teams in the use of the fundamental components in the Hadoop stack.
• Assist in the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases used at management and executive levels for funding and scoping decisions on Data solutions.
• Performance tuning of processes and applications.
• Interacting with senior technology leaders, managers and executives.
• Delivery of high-quality work, on time and with little supervision.
• Bachelor in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems is required.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing, deploying and supporting micro services in a containerized environment on premises and in cloud.
• Working experience with Prometheus and Grafana.
• Senior Experience working in DevOps role:
o Understanding and working experience in doing development in a complex and hybrid cloud environment.
o Experience with designing, building, operating, scaling, and maintaining large-scale Micro service APIs.
• Experience with a variety of API standards, including REST and SOAP/XML
• Experience designing and deploying micro services and platforms for developers, system integration, and administration.
• Proven experience in operational support of Linux OS.
o RedHat 6 or higher certified administrator preferred.
o JDBC and ODBC API.
o Ability to read/interpret Java.
• Working experience using Maven, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or other continuous integration tools.
• Good understanding of the various security levels and tools such as Active Directory, Centrify, Kerberos, Sentry and Ranger.
• Strong knowledge of Agile project management methodologies/processes.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
• Able to identify and analyze complex problem, identify root cause, provide detailed description and plan, design and deliver workaround/solution.
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with vendors, fellow employees, and management concerning major outages, critical issues, troubleshooting and support resolutions.
• Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking.
• Self-starter/motivator and have a proactive, agile and strategic mindset.
• Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
• Ability to explain technical challenges and solutions to just about anyone, regardless of their background.
• Possess excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and oral.
• Demonstrate the ability to organize, prioritize, plan and deliver your work and commitments in a timely manner.
• Initiate escalation as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
• Provide status to customers of assigned support tickets.
• Familiarity working with NoSQL databases and unstructured/semi-structured data.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as part of large Information Technology teams and/or consulting organizations collaborating with clients/business groups to support complex Network Big Data, Orchestration and Automation solutions.
• Experience working in the Telecommunications or Media industries is an asset.
• Working experience with the major cloud hyperscalers such as Google, Amazon and Azure is a plus.
• Played a leading role in the delivery of multiple end-to-end projects using containerized micro services.
• Experience working with multiple clients and projects at a time.
• Comfortable interviewing non-technical people to gather/discuss requirements.
• Is easily acquainted to new technologies e.g. programming language within 2-3 days.
• Wireless/Telecom Operations and Engineering business Knowledge including basic understanding of Radio access, Core network and Value added Services technologies and configurations.
• Certifications: Linux Administrator, OpenShift, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Azure
• Bilingual French and English an asset.
- Agile Requirements Engineering
- Applications Administration
- Continuous Integration
- DevOps Engineering
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.