We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing Fidelity Data Architecture team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Good working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience in cloud services such as AWS EMR, EC2, Juypter notebooks
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Engagement in activities manipulating, processing, and extracting value from various datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Experience with AWS & other cloud services: EC2, EMR, Kubernetes, Elastic-Search etc.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kafka etc.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Snowflake etc.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Bachelor’s in computer science or related field with at least 3-5 years for relevant experience is desired
• Strong organizational skills & excellent team player
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.