CGI is currently seeking a self-motivated, intellectually curious finance professional with a strong work ethic to join our corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Senior Financial Analyst-FP&A is part of the broader Corporate Services Finance team and is responsible for providing financial analysis and insight to support management reporting and strategic decision-making.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Take on ad hoc financial analyses and projects related to new business initiatives to aid evaluation and decision-making;
• Direct involvement in the preparation of budgets, projections, strategic plans and the Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A);
• Liaising with various finance groups, operational business unit controllers and investor relations to accurately interpret information impacting the business;
• Drive continuous improvement with respect to quality of financial information (timeliness, accuracy, clarity, transparency) as well as processes and procedures;
• Preparation of PowerPoint slide decks for business reviews, budget/forecast meetings, and any other high level meetings.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent;
• Professional accounting designation (CPA) (CFE successfully passed or in progress);
• More than 3 years of relevant accounting experience;
• Excellent written and communication skills with a strong attention to details;
• Strategic and analytical thinking;
• Proactive attitude with regard to gathering and verifying financial information;
• A sense of autonomy, initiative and responsibility;
• Must be able to address multiple issues in a high paced/high pressure rapidly changing environment;
• Excellent computer skills with MS Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
• Previous experience working with industry software such as PeopleSoft, Hyperion (Oracle) would be considered valuable assets.
• Bilingual (French and English) as this is a global role
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.