Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
CGI are currently looking for an Information Architect to come and join our Secure Innovation & Advisory team which is part of CGI’s Space, Defence and Intelligence business unit. The area is focused primarily on the delivery of contemporary and innovative technical solutions for the government agencies most challenging problems. Our teams work alongside our clients to help them understand how to exploit technologies to maintain competitive advantage. The SIA team is heavily committed to developing our members and will provide excellent learning and development opportunities to ensure that your knowledge and skills keep pace with the evolving technology landscape. We engender a culture of innovation, collaboration and ownership; highly motivated self-starters thrive within our organisation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• liaising will multiple business stakeholders, and other project teams to help define the high level strategic solution design and support it’s integration with other pan defence systems.
• Support in the preparation of a business case to fund the next tranche of development within the programme.
• Working closely with a Strategic Design Partner to support them in producing the lower level design and creating appropriate proof of concepts.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience of designing data architectures for large systems e.g. Logical Data Modelling, Database Design etc.
• Understanding of Master Data concepts across an enterprise and API deployment.
• Familiarity with The Open Group ‘Archimate’ modelling standard.
• Some awareness of how the MOD is organised and its hierarchy structures
• Confidence to brief groups of senior staff on complicated data oriented topics
• Ability to produce polished Powerpoint Presentations or Word Documents using MOD writing standards.
Security Clearance: Must be UK national – and either hold, or willing to gain higher level Security Cleared (SC).
Working pattern: due to the secure nature of the work we are operating with a hybrid working policy. We would expect our members to be in their local office as and when required. Some travel to other CGI or client sites might be required (all travel away from your base office is expensed)
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
- Client Management
- Data Analysis
- Database Design
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.