Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Financial Services
If you have a creative understanding of what motivates business success, a talent for unlocking problems and modelling innovative solutions, there is a digital revolution underway in the UK and it needs your help as a Senior Business Analyst.
Here at CGI, our Insurance Team are looking for a Senior Business Analyst them, in this role you will be working with a variety of clients ranging from Insurers, Brokers, London Market speciality carriers, software houses and other third parties who provide insurance tailored solutions and therefore you can be sure no one day is the same.
This role requires an extremely competent Business Analyst who can work well independently, is comfortable working with a range of stakeholders of varying seniority and at a fast moving pace, and someone who ideally has insurance domain experience, however, financial service experience will be considered.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options and a cycle to work scheme, plus more.
As for the future? Be a successful part of our story and we will support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Researching possible software solutions to increase work efficiency
• Interpreting data about company policies and workflows
• Supporting project teams during the analysis and planning stages of software development
• Working on various project phases in parallel, such as implementation and testing
• Complying with regulations and preparing for assessments for requirements
• Estimating costs and time requirements of projects as well as evaluating risks and predicting potential problems
• Developing quality assurance practices and assessments and establishing deliverables
• Writing reports, instructions, and specifications and creating flowcharts
• Determining risk and return on investment for shareholders
• Acting as a liaison between the business and its Information Technology (IT) department and between the business and its clients
• Using various tools to record data on a project and evaluating Key Performance Indicators
• Facilitating meetings and educational workshops for team members with the client and /or other CGI departments to review, elaborate, validate and finalise requirements
• Lead workshops to deep-dive in to areas of complexity to achieve a universal understanding between CGI, the Client and other stakeholders
• Acquiring knowledge of products or services provided by the business
• Making sure projects stay within budget and target spending requirements
• Incorporating user suggestions into projects
• Maintain a clear and robust requirements management process including Traceability and Gap Analysis
• Develop Process Maps and user journeys to a granular level using various tools and applications, such as Viso, Miro, Draw.io.
• Bridge the gap between the Client, Business Architects, Developers, UX / UI Designers, SMEs, Third Party Suppliers, and Programme Leadership
• Ensure that outputs across the team are of an extremely high standard
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• The ideal person will have demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst ideally within the Insurance sector either directly for an Insurer, Broker or Insurance Software House or via a consultancy/systems integrator with clients in the Insurance sector.
• It is essential that you have experience of agile software delivery methodology and tools / skills including SCRUM and experience of writing detailed acceptance criteria. Excellent experience of process mapping on Visio is highly desirable
• You must be comfortable leading virtual teams and be able to influence and direct people without direct line management responsibility
• Experience in organising and leading workshops focused on requirements gathering, analysis and refinement.
• Strong communication and presentation skills are essential, as is the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with business stakeholders and gain trust in order to guide and support clients and members.
• It is also essential that you are a self-starter, can work largely independently, and are willing and able to develop Junior Business Analysts and Peers
• An understanding of Low-Code development platforms would be a “nice to have” but is not essential.
- Business Analysis
- Workshop Facilitation
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.