We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and after 45 years, we're still growing! Join Canada's largest IT Company in our Banking Services Division in Toronto.
We are looking for talented hands-on technical application architect.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
We are looking for hands-on application architects and developers who will:
• Work as a technical leader alongside client’s business, development and infrastructure teams
• Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
• Architect and building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on hyperscale cloud platforms.
• Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
• Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures
• Advise on implementing applications leveraging Cloud best practices
• Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in client-facing roles
• Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Expertise with traditional application architecture patterns and experience in incremental evolution of the architecture
• Expertise on designing and building distributed systems\
• Practical experience working with heterogeneous workload types (networked monoliths, microservices & functions)
• Understanding of resilient application patterns
• Familiarity with managing large data sets (relational and non)
• Expertise in streaming and event-based distributed architectures
• Strong experience with identity and authentication
• Expert understanding of web-based architectures and implementation details
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
• Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
• Architecting, designing and developing applications on public cloud platforms
• Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, or consultant working with various platforms
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Configuration Management platforms (ex. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
• Experience working directly with clients, partners or third-party developers
• Blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open-source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design
- Financial Services
- Integration Architecture
- Solution Analysis
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.