Join CGI in the Finance Business Engineering (“FBE”) team as a Manager, to work closely with sales and Business Engineering to create financial models related to large new sales proposals. The Bid life cycle that FBE is typically involved in usually covers many phases, from Bid kickoff to financial modeling to Proposal preparation to Due Diligence to Binding MOU to Contract, and includes the following:
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Provide coaching, development and mentorship to junior team members;
Create financial models and simulations during deal structuring phases. Models establish revenue and profitability parameters for multi-year outsourcing contracts;
• Financial models cover any or all of CGI’s service tiers;
• Use of various model approaches and assumptions, including modeling of Offshore/Nearshore delivery;
• Able to apply a strategic perspective, consider alternatives and develop winning strategies;
• Able to interact with senior client executives, to understand CGI and client requirements and to find the right win-win balance;
• Ensure that all major financial risks have been analyzed, discussed and mitigated;
• Participate in the business development strategy for new products and propose innovative billing structure for new and existing clients;
• Financial advisor to the bid teams, coordinate bid teams to ensure deliverables are completed on time;
• Liaise with other stakeholders through the bid process as necessary, including legal, accounting, treasury and corporate finance;
• Involved in financial analysis and validation of assumptions during due diligence phase;
• Work with bid teams during contract phase to ensure financial terms and conditions and schedules are properly reflected, and consistent with the financial models prepared for the bid;
• Strong client focus required, achieving high level of satisfaction from our internal clients;
• Prepare financial presentations (internal and external) as required to present applicable financial views, assumptions, risks, pricing, etc. to management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The successful candidate will ideally possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial environment within a large organization. You are highly proficient in Excel, Power Point and other computer software applications, and you are experienced in working in a computerized accounting environment.
•Post-secondary education, preferably in Accounting or Finance, and possess or be on track to get an accounting/finance designation (CPA or CFA).
•Excellent communication, both written and verbal (French/English) (as this is a global role)
•You have a track record of quality work.
•Strong analytical skills, with an eye for detail.
•Well organized, able to prioritize conflicting demands, and able to work within tight deadlines. •Results-oriented, equally comfortable working under minimal supervision or in a group environment.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.