Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
Working for highly performing global IT and Business Consulting firm, our work has a wide reach - we help make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, we’ll do the same for you. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme making you a member, not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit of discounted private health insurance, world class training, access to employee assistance and well being programs. CGI also offer flexible working arrangements so you can do your best work.
In your role as a project manager you will join the newly created Space, Defence and Intelligence sector in Australia. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the start of our journey and grow your own career with the team. You will be working on the delivery of Space Data (Earth Observation & Payload Data Ground Systems) and 5G/SatComs based projects to our clients. Experience in any sector is welcome.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Leading a team to deliver complex, bespoke, mission-critical projects for our clients
• Managing change and flexibility within an often; fixed price context
• First point of contact for client
• Senior-level engagement, including presentations and briefings, in support of the activity
• Mentor the team on good practices
• The ability to travel and work away from home when required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A track record of successfully delivering multiple projects
• Self-starter, with good attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills and effective at stakeholder management
• Proficiency in subcontract management
• A track record of working within the Space or Defence sector is desirable
• Project financing and reporting
• Knowledgeable in bid management, managing POs, invoices, monthly internal reporting,
• Knowledge of different commercial delivery frameworks, e.g., fixed price, time & materials, billing entitlement
• The ability to gain a baseline security clearance
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
• Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) for Agile Projects
• Foundation or Practitioner level qualification such as Prince2 or PMI’s PMPA
• Membership of a Professional Project Management organisation such as APM, PMI, BCS
• Use of project management tools such as MS Project, JIRA, etc.
Our working approach is built around our client’s needs. That’s not to say yours aren’t important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid.
Unconditionally inclusive. We know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities.
- Project Governance
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Editing, updating or deleting data
You can always review your data saved in the database. You can always edit or update your data. If you have not edited your data, logged into your profile, or been actively recruited by CGI for five (5) years, your data will disappear from the database.