Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
Working for highly performing global IT and Business Consulting firm, our work has a wide reach - we help make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, we’ll do the same for you. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme making you a member, not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit of discounted private health insurance, world class training, access to employee assistance and well being programs. CGI also offer flexible working arrangements so you can do your best work.
In your role as a business analyst you will join the newly created Space, Defence and Intelligence sector in Australia. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the start of our journey and grow your own career with the team. You will be responsible for using your problem-solving skills to develop innovative solutions for our clients. Experience in any sector is welcome.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Managing requirements through various technical platforms i.e. Jira, Confluence
• The organisation and leadership of user workshops to elicit and prioritise requirements
• Creating User Journeys
• Creation and management of requirements across a wide range of complex and competing stakeholders
• Interpreting requirements into business processes either as a catalogue or user stories (client dependant)
• Engaging with technical teams to ensure functionality is implemented correctly
• Modelling business processes and functional flows
• Analysing and defining datasets
• Documenting specific features and analysing and defining business rules to specify technical solutions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Requirements capture, familiarity with DevOps or comparable experience working with software development teams
• Agile business analysis techniques (including user stories, sprints and retrospectives), business process modelling (UML), data analysis, or technical understanding of relational and non-relational databases. (DSDM, Scrum, SaFE)
• Requirements development, process definition, and business change
• Understanding high level technical concepts and communicating issues clearly / accurately to technical / non-technical audiences, including executives
• Working collaboratively across varying audiences and building strong working relationships
• Working in complex IT project environments throughout the project lifecycle
• Analytical thinking coupled with an understanding of architecture-driven approaches
• Helping clients develop and improve customer relationships, especially with a digital transformation mind-set and using innovative technology, business models and culture.
• Assessing impact and the likelihood of success of proposed innovations.
• Communicating assessments and recommendations to both senior and technical stakeholders
• Workshop design, delivery and facilitation with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• The ability to gain a baseline security clearance
• Knowledge of Defence system acquisitions
• Knowledge of Geospatial Systems and Services
• Demonstrable analytical and consulting experience working across a broad range of military, civil government and commercial organisations
Our working approach is built around our client’s needs. That’s not to say yours aren’t important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid.
Unconditionally inclusive. We know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities.
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Analysis
- ISEB BA Diploma
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Editing, updating or deleting data
You can always review your data saved in the database. You can always edit or update your data. If you have not edited your data, logged into your profile, or been actively recruited by CGI for five (5) years, your data will disappear from the database.