CGI in Canada
CANADIAN ROOTS, GLOBAL REACH
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 12,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career!
Our SAP team in Montreal is looking for a professional who will lead SAP Infrastructure and application related projects for our clients. This role ensures efficient implementation of strategies that satisfy the business goals of our client.
The SAP Technical Project Manager owns the implementation project plan. At a high level, this means having accountability for these four dimensions:
The SAP Technical Project Manager will lead the solution and deployment of the SAP Infrastructure and/or application design across all areas. This role collaborates closely with the functional and technical team leads for the project implementation.
The Project Manager is accountable for developing work plans, managing deadlines and coordinating all team activities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Project Manager presents weekly status updates to the team, PMO, CGI and client management stakeholders and may participate in client steering committee meetings. Estimating, defining and agreeing on deliverables and milestones, setting and controlling the project scope are key areas of responsibility in this role. Additionally this role will:
- Maintain the overall project implementation plan in Microsoft project
- Provide quality assurance, work plan monitoring and updates to the project teams
- Work with the functional and technical teams to confirm the solution architecture
- Lead and manage all project deliverables, per the methodology
- Identify, track and mitigate all risks
- Manage and coordinate/close all issues related to project delivery and scope/timeline
- Monitor all consultants' time and expenses per the agreed budget
- Manage all CR (Change requests) if timeline, scope or resource requirements change.
- Manage and lead with the technical team all offshore decisions with our extended team
- Provide knowledge transfer to offshore teams for post implementation support
- Manage all aspects of the budget, including external resources on the project and any CR-related change that will impact the budget
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The project manager will have excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills and will interact with senior internal and client stakeholders.
Successful candidates bring solid proficiency with the ASAP implementation methodologies; Activate methodology is preferred, while knowledge of other waterfall/Agile methodologies are a plus. Additionally, we will prioritize candidates who have:
- Computer Science or Business degree
- 10 years + of SAP technical project management experience on 2+ SAP Technical projects and/or upgrades
- SAP Technical experience required
- SAP Basis and/or infrastructure a plus
- Experience in SAP Project Methodology and Solution Manager
- Track record of successfully bringing Agile projects to completion
- Experience leading technical offshore teams
- Understanding and knowledge of data conversion
- Understanding and knowledge of testing phase and various tools that capture results
- Strong leadership with the key ability to solve client problems
- Servant leader who can guide project consultants and client business team members
- PMP certification a plus
Travel may be required - 10-25% of the time (Toronto, Montreal)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.