Are you an experienced, visionary solution architect with a passion for the energy & utility sector?
Does finding solutions for complex problems excite you?
Are you passionate to help our customers and others exceed?
Do you dream about the challenges the energy transition introduces to go carbon neutral?
Then you are the person we need!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As Solution Architect, you will:
• Define, design solution(s) & application(s) architecture in line with our customers IT strategy and standards
• Evaluate (IP) solutions, products & tools
• Foster re-use of components, application blocks and solutions
• Ensure the usage of best practices, standards in terms of deployment, development and integration
• Close collaboration with IT experts & implementation teams
• Evaluate & propose the most adequate solution for a customer problem and the integration in their IT landscape.
• Evaluate & propose the most adequate development platform regarding the project context
• Provide a well suited application architecture to cover Business needs
• Take in charge all integration aspects regarding the new application implementation
• Be active as an expert in the answering of RFP’s
• Asses the solution built against the envisioned design
• Eager to share experience and take part in lessons learned exercises
• Active follow up of trends in technology
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A graduate (master’s degree) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent
• Large experience in designing complex IT systems is required.
• Able to understand the business requirements and converting them into solution designs
• Knowledge and practical experience in software, development & integration design patterns.
• Broader experience in application architecture designing at functional level
• Experienced in custom application design and development (.NET, Java, Python, etc.) is a plus.
• Autonomous and able to work in agile teams.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with team members with different roles, going from business representatives to developers
• Knowledge and experience in integrating with cloud environment.
• Broader experience on main solutions used in the utility sector is a plus.
• Knowledge of SAP and/or experience in integrating with SAP is a plus.
• Knowledge of GIS and/or experience in integrating with GIS is a plus.
• Knowledge on modern development using DevOps and Cloud platforms is a plus.
• Having an active experience in answering or composing Request For Proposals is a plus.
• Experienced in using frameworks, standards, methodologies and tools for architecture purposes. E.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Archimate, UML, C4 model, BPMN, SOA…
- Advanced Analytics
- Analytical Thinking
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.