After a rapid period of growth, we are searching for an experienced and ambitious Business Development Director for a large global Banking client supporting its payments modernisation programme.
Reporting to the Vice President, Consulting Services, this is a key strategic role, with the primary goal of driving organic business growth and executing on CGI’s future vision and go-to-market strategy for this dynamic global client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your duties and responsibilities:
• The primary goal of this role is to align our strategic client needs with CGI’s end-to-end offerings
• You will take responsibility for seeking out and identifying new opportunities, building pipeline and delivering against a sales target with quality, profitable and sustainable wins.
• The establishing and nurturing of strong client relationships is key as you work to understand the clients’ business, the markets they operate in, challenges they face and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
• You will lead the shaping and developing of the CGI opportunities, steering the pursuit team to ensure that we secure the deal and that it contributes to our profitable growth.
• You will be responsible for overseeing the sold business and projects, ensuring quality delivery results in repeated business and renewals
• Attract and retain high performing consultants onto your team as you grow the business
• Promote CGI’s member and client partner management frameworks and inspire those around you
• With a passion for innovation and creativity you will also contribute to and provide leadership of CGI’s account plan and strategy, providing insight to the business on market trends
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Successful candidates will be highly driven and creative individuals able to identify and work with a range of customers, understand their needs, and develop business and technical solutions with them.
• You must have a proven record of accomplishment in generating new business (new client, new offering or new business area) in the Banking & Financial Markets industry.
• Demonstrable experience of selling and delivering a range of IT services including consultancy, major systems integration solutions, IP and managed services.
• Knowledge and experience within Banking & Financial Markets current challenges and understanding of RTGS, ISO20022 and payments systems
• You will be comfortable managing within an ethical, transparent and metrics driven organisation to achieve team member, client and shareholder targets respectfully
• Business acumen, strong collaboration, leadership and stakeholder management skills
• Self-starter, who can lead and manage large matrix teams and coach and mentor individuals
• Agile development experience a plus
• Strong client relationship development skills and ongoing management
• Alignment to CGI’s dream and values, and commitment to the profitable growth of the organisation
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Client Relationship
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.