Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Software Engineer - GS
Our Software Engineering teams are bursting with talent, and are trusted to help deliver transformative digital work for high profile private and public sector clients.
From cutting-edge projects to essential infrastructure, our work has a wide reach. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
CGI was voted ‘Best Workplace' by Great Place To WorkTM in 2021, and offer a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member not just an employee.
All applicants must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting (NSV) Security Check (SC) level.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Software Engineering at CGI opens up a wide variety of opportunities that include different and challenging projects as well as varied career paths. Whether you want to become a subject matter expert, specialise in one area of development, or you are interested in progressing through to a leadership role – it all starts at CGI. When you join us, we'll work together with you to identify where we can best utilise your existing experience, while providing the training necessary to fulfil current and future roles.
A CGI career will offer you a complete tech experience, where you have control over your future.
You’ll also discover:
● A unique level of variety across different clients and industry sectors
● Interesting and challenging projects to stretch your skills
● Training and support specifically tailored to give you the right skills for your career/role – including accreditation
● Impactful work that makes a real difference in our communities
● A supportive tech community across CGI, with regular meet-ups, discussions, and shared best practice
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
● Relevant experience in software engineering or development
● Specialization in one or more core software engineering/development technologies (e.g. Java, C#, Oracle, .Net etc.) with a breadth of experience across others (e.g. J2EE, React, Node, Angular, Selenium, Python etc.)
● Well-versed in modern development practices, including cloud native utilising providers such as Azure and AWS.
● Excellent problem-solving skills and experience in an agile environment
Our working approach is built around our client’s needs and the needs of you, our members. In a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or remote based, flexible or hybrid and full-time, part-time or job share. Unconditionally inclusive. We know diversity brings a greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities. #LI-Remote
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.