Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and a leader in information technology and digital transformation across Canada and the globe. We bring innovation to life, transforming industries and clients through Strategic Consulting, System Integration, Custom IT Projects, Analytics & Decision Support, Internet of Things, Managed Service, Cloud and Specialty IP Solutions.
CGI has been building out our Management Consulting professional services division and are seeking a senior leader to take the reigns and continue to lead, grow and further develop our management consulting professional services. Our Management Consulting team provides a wide range of services to our clients including: Strategic consulting and thought leadership, Analytics and AI, Cloud consulting, Digital, Systems integration and IP solutions.
The CGI Director, Business Consulting Services (DCS) develops relationships at multiple levels within the business, operations and IT organizations at our clients (CFO, CIO, SVP, VP & Director) to sell CGI’s consulting services and solutions. The DCS will oversee and be responsible for developing and executing our professional services team and portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to get in on early and help to shape this expanding team.
A successful DCS is able to understand and build professional services capabilities, develop and structure complex solutions that can include strategic consulting, outsourcing, managed IP services, partner solutions, application development, application maintenance, systems integration, infrastructure and other related services. You will leverage your deep Consulting experience to drive business and lead this segment of our business.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Overall – this is a strategic leadership consulting/business development role in CGI with responsibility for our consulting professional services across a set of industries. You will be accountable for setting the strategy, business development, thought leadership, financial management, project & client delivery and people leadership in order for your business to achieve expected performance outcomes
• Business Development and Sales– applying sound sales processes and strategic use of CRM, you will knock on and open doors with key decision makers, create, uncover and qualify opportunities and ultimately drive them to close. This role is built for sales ‘hunters’ who have successfully managed to drive new business and grow business based on their relationships built throughout their career.
• Management Consulting-leveraging your experience in the management consulting field, you will continue to drive and evolve our current consulting services go to market. You will lead and grow our consulting team and help to develop our IP.
• Financial Management – you will manage the P&L of our existing book of business, ensure financial viability is modeled and maintained in future engagements
• Project & Client Delivery – you will lead the delivery of client consulting engagements, ensuring the quality of services delivered meet and exceed expectations, utilizing relevant partnership frameworks, project management and service delivery tools
• People Leadership – you will lead motivated high performing team members who deliver outstanding client partnerships. You will attract, recruit, retain and support the career development of team members through coaching, support, trust, transparency and commitment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
About You Overall – you bring at least 15 years of diverse Management Consulting experience with a strong sales focus with at least 5 of those years at a management level. You think different and have a strong understanding of the current Industry landscape, priorities and shift in the market. You consistently leverage your network to understand industry and operational priorities, strategize, find and create opportunities that do or don’t exist today that solve your clients’ critical business problems. You are seen as a trusted partner and advisor. You may speak at association events, publish or author reports or content or sit on various boards. You understand the importance of the technical, commercial and personal sides of a business partnership.
• Business Development – you come with an extensive rolodex and strong relationships with key decision makers in companies in Ontario and Canada. You have a verifiable track record of closing net new consulting services business. You have also followed a strict and disciplined sales process in achieving your results
• Financial Management – you have successfully managed a P&L > $5M / year, have experience building budgets and investment plans. You may have been engaged in M&A activity as well
• Project & Client Delivery – you have led the delivery of client IT engagements (such as Strategy, consulting, IP implementations, AMS, infrastructure & cloud), ensuring the quality of services delivered have met timelines, quality, risk and budget expectations
• People Leadership – you have led a team of skilled consulting professionals, successfully developed and coached people to grow in their careers (personally and professionally). You have also demonstrated success at collaborating, building consensus and driving multiple projects to completion within cross-functional areas of your company and including external partners
- Analytical Thinking
- Client Delivery
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.