CGI is looking for an AWS Data Engineer who can join in our emerging technology group in the digital insight practice. The AWS Data Engineer with 2-5 years of experience will be responsible for designing & developing data ingestion and data transformation framework for modern data lake solutions.
Design and build production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a big data architecture, using, Python, Scala, GLUE. Design and implement data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on AWS cloud using AWS native or custom programming. Code & Unit test, and design continuous integration/development.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Candidates with the skills (not all but some) AWS Step Functions, S3, Glue, EMR, Redshift, Dynamo DB, Aurora, Athena, Big data on AWS.
• AWS data services, Hadoop, Pyspark,
• Secondary Skill: Glue, Data Pipe Line, Databricks, Virtual Machine
• Role Description: Design & develop solution on AWS Cloud for data lake/integration using PaaS services like Glue, data pipe line etc Hadoop, Pyspark platform.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of work experience with ETL, and business intelligence AWS data architectures.
• 3+ years of hands-on Spark/Scala/Python development experience.
• Experience developing and managing data warehouses on a terabyte or petabyte scale.
• Experience with core competencies in Data Structures, Rest/SOAP APIs, JSON, etc.
• Strong experience in massively parallel processing & columnar databases.
• Expert in writing SQL.
• Deep understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
• Experience with common software engineering tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, Confluence, or similar)
• Ability to manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Dynamic team player.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.