Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment where they work for our Federal clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and our business while keeping up the standard of being leaders in the industry. We offer a change to develop a career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials and training, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
CGI Federal is seeking a Federal Test Engineer. You will primarily be based in our office in Fairfax, VA, but must be open to traveling to client sites in the Washington, DC, area as needed. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a large, high-profile cybersecurity program supporting 7 federal agencies. This person will craft the overall testing approach for the project.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Assist with managing the development of the master test plan and project schedule, including all details related to automated versus manual testing.
• Support the development of test cases/scripts, test case automation, test execution, validation of results and execution of the problem reporting process.
• Support test and technical teams involved in developing requirements and software design artifacts to ensure familiarity with the requirements and expected functionality of the system.
• Manage the delivery of system test plans and update as required.
• Support the delivery of client expectations and involvement in the various testing activities.
• Assist with managing the development of reports on project progress, risks and issues.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 5-8 years of experience.
• Extensive knowledge of quality assurance and testing.
• Knowledge of automated test suites.
• Experience in leading and independently performing testing.
• Effective communication and writing skills to communicate to customers and internal team members.
• Organizational skills to work with a vast array of information.
• Ability to maintain own workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to travel to various sites across the DC metro area.
• Cybersecurity experience.
• Experience in testing requirements, including 508 and IV&V.
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) and/or Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), IT systems and processes, testing methodologies.
• Understanding of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program (CDM).
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.