Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
We are looking for an experienced Pre-Sales Senior Solution Architect to own and define solutions to meet our clients’ challenges as they shape their organisations to take on the transformation required to deliver NetZero over the next couple of decades. We are looking for architects that can design a solution from either COTS products or built within our clients existing patch work quilt of technologies and services.
Be part of something exciting and join CGI as we continue to grow our architecture practice, working across a variety of presales engagements, with clients from a broadening industry spectrum.
Innovation is at the heart of what we do, positioning the right technology at the right time to create truly compelling propositions that deliver value as well as outcomes. We are looking for an architect that can spot an opportunity to innovate, or create something new within the constraints of the scope that will open up additional proposition benefits and elevate our response to stand proud as the consultant of trust. Focusing on need and leveraging our ecosystem of partner solutions, realising one size doesn’t fit all in most circumstances.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As the Pre-Sales Senior Solution Architect you will essentially bridge the gap between the technical and business teams and be responsible for providing expertise in the definition, design, implementation, adoption and adherence to enterprise architecture strategies, processes and standards.
You will be responsible for defining the solution and owning it through the proposition development and present it to the client. You will be required to contribute significantly to proposal production and collate and validate solution assumptions. It is expected that you will oversee and lead a team of technical resources that will provide the underpinning technical solution of the proposition.
In this role you will be expected to:
• Capture the scope of the opportunity into capability maps highlighting what exists and what is new
• Define the solution building blocks required to meet the objectives of the client
• Identify or suggest the most appropriate tooling and services required to deliver the solution
• Define the design patterns that will underpin the technical response
• Define and articulate the conceptual model of the solution
• Delegate or define the lower level detail associated with delivery of the conceptual model
• Responsible for the creation of the systems architecture (either through delegation or as an owned activity)
• Responsible for generating the interface designs and defining data structures to support the solution
• Estimate the effort to deliver and support the solution
• Support the generation of a cost model as well as model supporting elements for a business case such as NPV, ROI.
• Identify a delivery route and delivery model.
• Optimise the delivery model through leveraging capabilities in terms of onshore, nearshore, offshore models and understand the productivity gains of each model
• Engage with the client to walkthrough and present the solution as solution lead and a core member of the proposition response team to the client
You will look to build logical models of components and interfaces that contribute to the development of systems architectures, produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation. This role is based around services with a cloud element (Azure/AWS experience hugely beneficial).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The successful Pre-Sales Senior Solution Architect will offer demonstrable expertise with core technical skills in applications/services (with Azure/AWS cloud experience).
- Strong background in a Solution Architect role, ideally within a large IT consultancy environment
- Experience of transformation/modernisation projects would be very desirable
- Energy or Utilities experience beneficial but not essential
- Delivery experience in designing and implementing cloud native solutions
- Ideally TOGAF certified
- Delivery experience in Agile methodologies such as: Scrum; Lean; LeSS; SAFe
- Understanding and demonstrable capability in the software delivery lifecycle including acceptance into service and in service operations
- Understanding of Data Warehousing approaches and techniques
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.