Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Financial Services
If you’re happiest in an agile environment, with complex projects to oversee, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK and at CGI you can help shape it. Our teams are bursting with talent and ideas, and are ready to help you deliver transformative digital work for high profile clients as an IT Project Manager working with our banking clients.
From cutting-edge commercial projects to public service systems, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As the IT Technical Project Manager you will be responsible for the direct management of a team the coordination of development efforts with various leads. The Multi-disciplined project teams include DevOps engineers, IT architects, infra specialists, developers & testers. The ‘Direct’ team is usually BAs plus an assigned architect.
• Conversant with all aspects of technical delivery, ideally this would be in GCP projects for payments data but close fits are acceptable.
• Achieve a high level of performance and quality and deliver projects that provide exceptional business value. The key standard delivery format would be to manage deployments of global deliverables as specifically required for a given country, you need to be able to understand country payments architecture and to be able to negotiate on customisations required.
• Cross-functional Coordination – The PM must manage a globally distributed and onshore-offshore delivery model. Our client is developing a global product offering, your role is to agree requirements for a specific country, develop suitably prioritised plan for delivery of the components required, then ensure these are understood and built / tested appropriately by the delivery team. You will need to understand the technicalities and be proficient in stakeholder/expectation management, scoping agreements and communications.
• Change Management – You Must implement change in complex technical environments and matrix organizations. You need to understand the governance factors that are likely to arise in be-spoking a set of global deliverables for a given country. Countries will want be-spoking whereas we want to keep to a global consistent model wherever possible.
• Learning & Development - Design & deliver training programs for Process, Tools and Technology. You should know how to develop and deliver a training plan, more than deliver training themselves.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Payments Industry experience, having worked in Tier-1 IT organizations in banking and financial services domain for large payments modernization/SEPA compliance projects.
• Technical knowledge and hands on experience of payment and banking solutions. You will have a related technical background, i.e. developer or architect / analyst.
• Knowledge of ISO 20022 and SWIFT formats, payment schemes ideally but must have payments knowledge
• Overall Banking & Financial services industry knowledge. You will need to be comfortable negotiating scope items relevant to payments processing and data.
• Leadership skills - Manage & lead teams to coach, counsel, support and develop staff.
• AGILE Methodologies - Practitioner of agile methodologies for delivering complex programs & projects.
• Communication Skills – Interface with stakeholders up till CxO levels in both business & technical languages.
• Experience in implementing Cloud Projects. GCP is cloud platform adopted and would be the ideal technical background, however we will consider candidates with similar expertise (AWS/Azure).
- Change Management
- Cloud Computing
- ISO standards
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.