This job function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business as well as supporting these systems while in production to ensure business continuity at good service levels.
• Transitioning SAS ETL and reporting Capabilities from incumbent vendor. Understanding current functional domain knowledge and brining in the required technical expertise to provide better customer service levels while ensuing business continuity.
• Meeting with product owners to gather data and Functional requirements including current state process documentation.
• Designing and supporting ETL, Data storage & access solutions with Global teams.
• Testing and debugging SAS Code base.
• Coordinating with the other teams to support data/design changes and incident resolution within defined SLAs , OLAs.
• Working with end users and development staff to ensure that new and existing data models and databases are consistent with approved data architecture standards
• Migrating and integrating code to production
• Deploying alerting and audit mechanisms for scheduled jobs.
• Ensuring that Quality Assurance test plans are executed before releasing product enhancements for user acceptance testing
• Providing production support, troubleshooting and resolving any production issues that may arise.
• Automating CICD processes, Test Automation.
• Performance tuning
• Co-ordinate, lead and work with global delivery teams.
Specific qualifications for the SAS Developer position will include:
• Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university
• Minimum of 3+ years – strong skills in Base SAS scripting, SAS DIS (SAS® Data Integration Studio), SAS EG (Enterprise Guide).
• Hands on experience in SAS DIS – ETL development and Support lifecycle (SAS ETL Studio)
• Adept at DB2 Data modelling and SQL scripting (DB2, SQL Database knowledge)
• Exposure to BI Reporting tools like Power BI , tableau or SSRS.
• Strong presentation and documentation skills - Should be proactive communicator
• Critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills, Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
• Experience in deploying solutions using version control systems – automated CICD solutions.
• Familiarity with Agile development principles
• Working experience with Global delivery teams.
• Base SAS Certified Developer, certified SAS Data Integration Developer
• Worked on Upgradation projects – upgrade from Base SAS to EG, DIS.
• Knowledge / experience in the Financial (Banking, Insurance) domain.
• Experience working in DevOps teams and DevOps processes
• Sharepoint or MS Dynamics knowledge.
- SAS Base
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS Macro
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.