This position is for Sr QA Engineer to work as a member of the product engineering group in the Global Wealth and Capital Markets group.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop a high-level test strategy and detailed test plan for modernization projects and BAU releases as applicable
• Review test strategy, and plan with product managers, developers, and business teams to ensure completeness.
• Review test design to build a test scenario matrix for overall product functions for comprehensive regression test suites
• Work closely with test architect to create test automation plans for the projects and setup appropriate team to implement automated test suites development
• Provide daily, weekly updates to the product management team on the progress of test design, execution, and activity plan ahead
• Accountable to ensure that test management and test automation tools are effectively utilized for proper data collation of test design, and test execution activities to generate respective test metrics for analysis.
• Review and analyze metric data to define corrective, and preventive actions and review them with key stakeholders for implementation
• Support and provide inputs to the performance testing team to conduct appropriate load testing for the projects and to establish baselines.
• Participate in collaborative sprint goal definition sessions to determine what the team plans to achieve during the sprint.
• Participate in defect triage status calls/meetings with development, business, and vendor teams to discuss the priority and resolutions of the defect.
• Test Management Tools: Hands-on experience with
o JIRA, Xray for JIRA
o HP ALM
• Functional test automation tools/frameworks: good understanding of
o Cucumber BDD
o API testing tools
• DevOps pipeline integration: Exposure to
o Jenkins pipeline
o Test build tools: Maven, Visual Code
o Functional test scripts suites execution integration with pipeline
• Performance testing tools: Exposure to
o Load Runner, JMeter or any other similar tools
• Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The role is hands-on and is responsible to lead and coordinate with multiple teams and individually deliver:
• 10-year experience in QA in complex, multi-technologies environments
• Hand-on experience in Functional testing for at least 2 of the following: API, Web and Green Screen applications
• Knowledge of Test automation in API and/or UI
• Hands-on experience using test management tools (e.g. ALM/QC, XRAY)
• Hands-on experience using JIRA
• Experience working in Agile environments using any of the following techniques: Scrum, Kanban, Safe.
• Experience managing testing teams, organizing test plans, helping to solve the constraints of the teams, and reporting results to technical and non-technical management
• Very good communicator for technical and non-technical subjects
• Excellent social skills to work with clients and multidisciplinary teams on and offshore
• Drive test automation and DevOps pipeline integration of QE activities and implement test metrics culture to demonstrate continuous improvements
• Experience Professional with 10+ years of experience in test management, test planning, tracking execution and a good understanding of quality engineering concepts
• Ability to quickly understand the banking and financial applications specifically wealth management and capital markets products
• Should be able to create a detailed test plan for products involving complex data injection, processing rules, data extraction and reporting
• Should have decent knowledge and understanding of functional test automation frameworks for E22 testing, including BDD and data-driven models with open-source tools such as selenium, protractor
• Exposure to DevOps technologies and tools for QA scripts integration
• Good knowledge of test metrics and associated attributes in test management tools for data capturing and analysis
• Should have experience in working with global teams and coordinating, and tracking testing activities among multiple teams
• Should have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects concurrently, balance deliverables and ability to prioritize deliverables across projects.
- Financial Services
- Quality Management
- Test data management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.