CGI is looking for an AWS API Developer
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Implements initiatives as required to deliver business objective related to development in cloud (i.e. AWS) environment
• Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment alongside Lead Developers/BAs
• Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
• Designs API prototypes using Node.JS programming
• Devises new prototypes for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with serverless architectural patterns.
• Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets.
• Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness specific to API development
• Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes.
• Identifies opportunities to strengthen the development capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Clear understanding of API Development concepts, SOA architecture, and their application in solution building.
• Comprehensive understanding and skills for implementing API Service with: Web Services using REST/JSON/Swagger and SOAP/WSDL
o Security implementation using API Key, OAuth2, JWT/JWS/JWE, OpenID Connect, Lambda authorizers, LDAP, etc.
o AWS cloud development technologies like Lambda using node.js, java; API Gateway; Cloud Pipeline; Security etc.
• Experience with DevOps tools, like BitBucket (git), Bamboo, Artifactory, Ansible.
• Effective communication and documentation skills ensuring that customers and teams have a clear understanding of solutions recommended and intended outcomes.
• Demonstrate leadership skills of leading projects, coordinating work effort among teams, triaging production issues and etc.
- Application Design
- Application Development
- Financial Services
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.