As a Geospatial Solutions Specialist at CGI, you will have the opportunity to participate in the design and evolution of geographic information systems in world-class organizations. Each mandate, whether government or private, design or evolution, will add another string to your bow.
As a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) specialist at CGI, you will have the opportunity to be part of a geospatial center of excellence that aims to develop our expertise and stay abreast of the latest trends in information technology in collaboration with a team of 120 professionals in Canada, and more than 1,100 geospatial experts around the world.
Our team is dynamic and encourages collaboration, exchange and initiative. Respect and fun are the basis of our work environment. Our experienced team will guide you upon your arrival and accompany you in the development of your career and your know-how.
Duties and responsibilities
As a Geospatial Solutions Specialist - Systems Development Stream, you will be expected to:
- Participate in the analysis and collection of requirements in collaboration with the project team ;
- Understand the needs and specifications of the systems to be developed;
- Support the information systems consultants in the design of the systems, interfaces and processes to be developed;
- Participate in the design of systems and actively contribute to the creation or modification of geomatics systems in different types of environments while meeting high quality requirements;
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and business specialists to provide quality services at the right time to contribute to the success of our clients;
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and ensure that requirements are met;
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in the code of applications, interfaces and systems;
- Support and execute the release of applications and systems.
- Encourage the adoption of best practices and suggest improvements to make our information systems more agile, efficient and effective.
Qualifications required to succeed in this role
- Bachelor's degree or DEC in geomatics, geography, civil engineering, computer science, management information systems, computer engineering or equivalent training;
- Ten (10) years of experience in information technology and at least five (5) in a specialist, analyst-programmer or developer role in geomatics in a context of creation and evolution of geographic information systems;
- At least two (2) years experience with ESRI ArcGIS products in an information system design context;
- Have at least two (2) years of experience in .NET or .NET Core programming;
- Master software engineering concepts such as code refactoring, test automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven development (BDD), code review, pair programming, mocking techniques, etc;
- Have a good knowledge of the following technologies: MVC, MVVM, REST, Bootstrap, JSON, XML, TFS 2012 and +, GIT or other source manager, microservices and containers;
- Have a good knowledge of agile development approaches such as Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban, DAD or SAFE;
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA);
- Knowledge of SQL, data structures and databases;
- Knowledge of best practices and methodologies for development, validation, optimization and execution of data services;
- Previously contributed to the delivery and release of data services and proposed fixes in a production context;
- Analytical mindset, constantly looking for solutions to challenges;
- Able to work independently, team player and participative;
- Concern for work well done and respect for deadlines;
- Highly adaptable, flexible in the face of change;
- Advanced level of written and spoken English to sustain a conversation at the professional level;
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server, MS Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS;
- Knowledge of Oracle Spatial or PostgreSQL and PostGIS;
- Bilingualism (English/French);
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.