• Act as a leader to our software development team
• Through coaching and facilitation, ensure the team follows agile processes (e.g. self-directed problem solvers) and ceremonies (Daily Standups, Estimation, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and refinement & Review/Demo).
• Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
• Help team set realistic objectives for Feature and Sprint delivery timeframes
• Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
• Keeps external stakeholders, collaborates, and other interested parties are well-informed on team progress and activities.
• Remove blockers and impediments for team.
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
• Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
• Take responsibility for successful product delivery
• Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed
• Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor team members in Agile Methodologies
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing Agile methodologies
• Working on Waterfall/SDLC to Agile Scrum projects would be highly desirable
• Bachelor Degree.
• Life Science Experience would be ideal but will look at other sectors
• Minimum 3 years or experience as acting Scrum Master.
• 2-4 years practical Agile experience working directly with teams; Scrum Master or other Agile certification preferred - SAFe a big plus
• 3-5 years Project Management or Program Management experience
• Proficient in both project and product delivery methods
• Technical or product environment experience preferred
• Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Kanban or similar tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Expert in managing multiple stakeholders
• Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to solutions
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Scrum Master
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.