CGI is looking for AZURE Data Engineer with ETL Development skills who can join in our emerging technology group in the digital insight practice. The AZURE Data Engineer with 2-5 years of experience will be responsible for designing & developing data ingestion and data transformation framework for modern data lake solutions.
Design and build production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a big data architecture, using, Python, Scala, Data factory/Synapse pipelines. Design and implement data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on AZURE cloud using AZURE native or custom programming. Code & Unit test, and design continuous integration/development. Automate testing.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Candidates with the skills (not all but some) AZURE Databricks, integration from complex system outside of Azure network & from different VNETs
• Production support after deployment during the warranty period.
• Experience in implementing streams of data using Event Hubs or other streaming integration tools.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 2-5 years of work experience with ETL, and business intelligence & AZURE data architectures.
• 3+ years of experience in implementing pipelines/control flows using Azure Data Factory or Synapse Pipelines.
• 2+ years of experience working with Azure Databricks.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience integrating with Snowflake DB in Azure/AWS
• 2-3 years of experience working on Spark SQL, Hive SQL, USQL, Kusto Query
• 2-3 years of experience working on ADLS, Cosmos DB, Cassandra DB, Mongo DB, Azure Synapse, Azure SQL Server.
• 2-3 years of experience on creating the frameworks towards building the data pipelines
• 2+ experience working with structured AND unstructured data.
• Good knowledge and hands-on experience in following best practices in terms of security standards, reusability, auditing, performance, enterprise coding standards etc.
• Experience developing and managing data warehouses on a terabyte or petabyte scale.
• Experience with core competencies in Data Structures, Rest/SOAP APIs, JSON, etc.
• Strong experience in massively parallel processing & columnar databases.
• Strong understanding of Azure pricing model for Data processing architectures
• Expert in writing SQL.
• Hands on experience in integrating with BI tools like Power BI, Tableau.
• Deep understanding of advanced data warehousing concepts and track record of applying these concepts on the job.
• Experience with common software engineering tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, Confluence, or similar)
• Ability to manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Dynamic team player.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $120,000-$130,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorados Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals members to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGIs benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure DevOps
- Data Warehousing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.