"Production Support Analyst
CGI has an exciting opportunity for a Production Support Analyst within our Global Wealth and Capital Markets division (GWCM). GWCM creates, maintains and operates industry leading wealth management solutions to serve our clients’ needs for brokerage processing, portfolio management, fund accounting, shareholder record keeping, plan administration, foreign exchange trading and mortgage securitization. Our customers include all the major Canadian banks, and numerous other financial institutions across Canada and the US. Our solutions are provided in an application service provider (ASP) model and are relied upon by our customers on a 24x7 basis.
As a Production Support Analyst you will be having client interface, responsible for understanding the business needs of our customers and ensuring our products and services are delivering upon agreed service levels. Strong application troubleshooting skills, proactive system maintenance, as well as highly reactive incident and problem management are key components of the role. You will be called upon to lead the diagnosis and resolution of application issues, and providing clients with root cause analysis and recommendations for improvements.
The successful candidate who fills this position will be joining a team of experienced professionals, working with the latest technologies in the market in a dynamic fast- paced environment. You will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients, helping them to resolve critical issues; as well as continuously work to improve our overall client experience. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with opportunities to build your career.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with application owners and managers within our client’s organizations
- Provide incident and problem management – gather key information from supporting sources, determine the appropriate courses of action, and engage & escalate involvement of required resources or management (from CGI, from the customer and/or from supporting vendors), to efficiently resolve issues
- Work closely with onshore and offshore team members, ensuring services are being delivered according to CGI’s commitments
- Support the transition of new clients or projects into Production
- Identify and manage new Production environment hardening initiatives
- Provide and/or review and rationalize estimates that will be provided to other teams
- Ensure accurate billing each month for Production services
- Identify new business opportunities for CGI
- On-call will be required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Key operating platform – UNIX, Linux, AIX;
- Deployment of Java applications – Websphere/Weblogic/Tomcat;
- Scripting tools – Kshell, Pearl;
- Database administration experience: Oracle primarily, DB2 secondarily;
Desired technical skills:
- Application servers, such as WebSphere, WebLogic and JBoss; knowledge of Tomcat Application Server
- Agile methodology
- Open to work in a shift and on call rotation to provide 7x24 client support
Certifications and diplomas:
- Education in Information Technology and Business
- Establishing and maintaining effective client relationships
- Good knowledge of Portfolio Management, Mutual Funds, GICs, Registered and Non Registered products such as RRSP, RRIF, TFSA;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills,
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology or concepts;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Apply enthusiasm, drive and initiative to deliver superior service;
- Ability to multitask and work in a multi-vendor environment ;
- Good problem-solving skills; capable of making disciplined decisions in a timely fashion;
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Analysis
- Financial Services
- Requirements Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.