Sr. AEM Developer
This is a great opportunity to become a member of CGI’s Web Design and Development Team. Our team works with world class clients bringing ideas and concepts into life. Our design and build process is user experience focused and takes advantages of the latest technology such as HTML5, Responsive Design and the best of breed Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager.
The Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer will be responsible for the design, development, testing and delivery of all our supported AEM Web sites and applications. Site enhancements, support and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods are utilized to insure the success of each and every AEM web projects and initiatives. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines are required attributes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Operate effectively as a mentor and member of the development team.
• Design, code and test existing and new web sites based on detailed business requirements.
• Assume responsibility for design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia and GUIs
• Understand and address web related issues.
• Operate effectively for quick turnaround of enhancements, fixes and solutions.
• Utilize storyboarding, wireframes and predesigns to prepare detailed and accurate specifications and estimates.
• Demonstrate ability to independently manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a collaborative team environment.
• Develop and maintain reference material and documentation, technical solution presentation, demo and PoCs.
• Being able to interact with content team, product team, business, IT, Infrastructure team to gather the requirements and come up with the right solution
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in development of Adobe AEM websites and applications using Adobe 6.5.
• Experience in design, implementation, testing and deployment of enterprise scale AEM web applications with experience using and configuring Author and Publish instances, Dispatchers and other Replication agents.
• Practical exposure and/or experience in Sling, JCR Repository and Apache Felix OSGi Framework
• Practical experience in design and developing service interfaces and system integration in AEM to/from external systems and web services.
• Practical exposure and/or experience with Responsive Design and Single Page Application development using best practice and modern frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap, React and Angular.
• Practical exposure and/or experience with some or all of the following: HTML, CSS, LESS, Sass, Ruby, Ajax, UML, XML and Wireframes.
• Experience with software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities.
• Experience with using and managing source codes using repositories such as BitBucket, SVN, GIT and SourceTree.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
• Experience working in large scale projects with enterprise level solutions.
• Experience with other Web Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Polopoly ,Sitecore, Kentico.
• Adobe Certified Expert certification for AEM development.
• Experience with implementation of AEM for News, Sports and Entertainment sites.
• Practical exposure and/or experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud such as Target, Analytics, Campaigns, Audience Manager and AEM as a cloud service.
- Application Design
- Solutions Architecture
- Application Deployment
- Application Development
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.