Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers - Be Part of Our Story
Be part of something exciting at the cutting edge of technology, and join CGI as a Senior DevOps Engineer within CGI’s Telecoms Business Unit. Would you like to be part of a growing company with the scale and strength to give your career a boost in Consulting and Delivery? CGI are looking to recruit a highly skilled DevOps Engineer responsible for leading and supporting our delivery teams engaged in cutting-edge Agile DevOps transformation programmes.
If you are someone who is looking to take a leading role in a delivery team using your experience of DevOps tools and techniques then this is the perfect role for you.
CGI was voted a ‘Best Workplace’ by Great Place To Work in 2021, and offers a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member not just an employee. We are committed to inclusivity, building a genuinely diverse community of tech talent and inspiring more women to pursue careers in our sector. We won ‘Best Tech Employer’ at the 2022 Women in Tech Employer Awards.
We are happy to discuss remote or hybrid working.
At CGI you’ll be part of an open, friendly community of experts. We’ll train and support you in taking your career wherever you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You will create and develop relationships with other team members and client stakeholders, to enable effective and quality delivery on client Agile DevOps delivery projects and programmes. You should possess a technical and business understanding of the worlds of Software Development, Operations and Automation.
You will demonstrate the multi-disciplinary working practices used by high-performing teams, and lead by example with the transformation of traditional skillset-based silos into Agile teams. You will support your team members to create infrastructure-as-code artefacts aligned to 12FA principles and the project architecture.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
As a senior member of our software development teams, you will exhibit strong interpersonal skills – confident, clear, and concise – with a passion for latest cloud technology innovations and their application to clients’ challenges. You will need to be ambitious and keen to learn and develop at pace and CGI will provide you the support and training to help achieve this.
To be successful in this Senior DevOps Engineer role, you will have a proven track record, with experience of commercial public cloud platforms in one of the following, Azure, AWS, GCP or OCI, ideally in the following environment:
- An end user IT department or service provider
- A systems and solutions vendor
- A Systems Integrator or IT Services organisation
Essential skills & experience:
- Development skills in at least one mainstream object-oriented language such as C#, Java, ES2017+, Python, Go or Rust
- Practical experience of Infrastructure-as-Code using a tool such as Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Management templates or Terraform
- DevOps and CICD pipeline management experience with Agile ways of working
- Experience with test automation, and an understanding of BDD and TDD principles
- Detailed working knowledge of Git
- Familiarity with operational aspects of DevOps, including application monitoring, performance and security using platform-native tools
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Powershell)
- Linux admin
• Experience with Kubernetes
• Practical experience of Cloud admin covering compute, storage, network, and security
• Knowledge of at least one Public Cloud CLI
• Experience of developing Cloud components, e.g. function apps, Lambda functions
• Experience of development / admin with hosted database services, e.g. Cosmos, Postgres, DynamoDB
• Understanding of IoT device integration and provisioning, using e.g. MQTT, Azure DPS, JSON templates, IoT Hub or Azure Service Bus
• Knowledge of TCP and UDP networking (Layer 4)
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.