CGI is recruiting for a Senior Technical Consultant for OSS/BSS Network Mediation, which has previous experience working in the Telecoms space.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collect, Analyse and Review the Business Requirements Specifications and use cases for customer requirements.
• Design end-to-end IT solutions for projects, integrating multiple systems (bespoke and COTS) and ensuring that designs adhere to agreed design standards and methods
• Provide technical leadership on projects, managing application designers to ensure the coherency of end-to-end designs
• Ensure that compliance to design is tracked through the project life-cycle through to deployment
• Manage the solution design throughout the project life-cycle through to deployment, ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved throughout the process
• Ensure that proposed technical changes are assessed appropriately for the impact and cost to IT systems
• Ensure that the end-to-end design documentation is maintained and kept up to date
• Provide technical leadership, governance and architecture guidance and for IT's strategic technical direction in line with the company's overall business strategy
• Actively participate in implementation of new usage reconciles.
• Act as the contact for Network Mediation Support Team.
• Analyse, resolve or escalate critical ‘tier 3’ operational issues to relevant teams and own the issue through to resolution.
• Attend cross-functional team meetings to assess business changes that affect the Network Mediation system.
• Manage and provide input for projects that directly or indirectly affect the Network Mediation function.
• Troubleshooting any h/w and Application s/w reported problems.
• Ability to analyse and recommend required system performance tuning.
• Understanding requirements and perform the following, :
o QA Requirement Analysis
o Project Estimation
o Impact Assessment
o Test case design
o Test execution
o Status reporting
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• University degree - engineering or IT/telecoms preferred.
• 7-10 years of experience in OSS/BSS system such as Oracle, Amdocs, CSG, Ericsson (EMM), Nokia/Comptel mediation Or any other mediation system.
• 3-4 years of experience in cloud based transformation program
• Thorough knowledge of OSS/BSS solutions and telecom business processes is a must
• Architect large systems – providing guiding principles to deployment teams in right-sizing of servers for hardware, databases and applications – providing inputs to internal teams and COTS vendors in a system-integration environment. This includes cloud and bare-metal hosting.
• Ability to map business processes to solution requirements – knowledge of TOGAF or TMForum Frameworx including Open APIs.
• Relevant experience in Network Mediation systems within the mobile telecommunications industry.
• Hands on experience of performing a solution design or enterprise architect's role in a Mobile Telecom organisation
• Proven experience in deploying complex BSS projects/programs
• Ability to technically lead complex projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle (Analysis, Architecture, Design, Build, Test & Production).
• Ensure quick turnaround of Customer Network Mediation queries.
• Past software development experience with enterprise grade software is mandatory
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
• Knowledge of S/W development processes and methodologies along with project management exposure is desirable and more specifically agile ways of working
• Product evaluation using standard based framework or through custom developed framework.
• Strong understanding of different Java standards and enterprise framework.
• Strong experience in pre-sales and solution designs.
• Must have experience in RHEL/Unix, Java, Spring, DevOps tools, SQL , Oracle.
• Functional knowledge of container platforms Dockers, OpenShift and/or Kubernetes.
• Must have good understanding of various communication protocols e.g. Diameter, UDP, HTTP, GTP’ etc.
• Must have experience and comfortable in network troubleshooting, packet capture and analysis.
• Good understanding of online/offline charging and communication flow.
• Deep understanding of micro-services architecture and DevOps principles is required
• Should be able to handle Dynamic customer change requests.
• Well equipped with Agile & Waterfall Methodologies.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
• Ability to solve technical issues quickly and independently.
• Strong analytical / problem solving ability
• Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.